Chapter Nine

Aster's Pov
"Emmett how many more times are we gonna argue over this, I do not play baseball, I watch you guys play it, cause it looks cool," I whined out folding my arms looking down the stairs at him watching his deep pouting face, him shoving his cap onto his head.

"You never play, come on its gonna be fun, and you don't even have to play at the bat." He also whined back making me giggle.

"That's not how baseball works Emmett," Rosalie called walking passed us chuckling out softly as she winked up at me lightly.

"Oh come on sweetie, just one game," Carlisle asked me giving me a smile walking down the stairs giving me one small hug, the steps creaking as he walked passed me all the way down.

"If you don't, you have to go with Edward to get Bella," Jasper called out from the living room. I scrunched my face up at thought, really not wanting to be in the same car as her.

"Alright, I'm getting ready," I told Emmett watching him doing a mini cheer.

"Yes! You're on my team!" He cheered rushing away from the stairs making me chuckle softly shaking my head still leaning against the high railing up the stairs.

Who knew they all got excited about a thunderstorm the perfect time to let them play baseball. I felt a small-cap being placed on my head and I felt Edward glance at me with a smile

"If your playing, your gonna need that." He joked softly staring at me softly. I cracked a small smile giggling lightly, nudging him.

"Why thank you." I chuckled looking down more.

"Also, I think your gonna be on my team, just saying Emmett is gonna be devastated," Edward whispered to me chuckling. He kissed my temple before he headed downstairs leaving me to laugh to myself shaking my head heading to my room, I am already regretting this day.

_________________________
Briefly, me and Jasper tossed a small baseball back and forth across the green grass field.

I was a bit rusty on my baseball skills since the last time I played had been around the age of ten or eleven if I remember correctly.

"You still got a good hand." He comments to me sending me a soft smile as I walked passed him, stretching a little.

"Thanks, Jas." I thanked him chuckling feeling him ruffle my hair up once I took my cap off. It wasn't long before Bella's scent hit everywhere and Edward pulled up in Emmett's Jeep with Bella.

I shook my head a little and tossed the ball up and down giving Alice a smile which she returned giggling at me lightly.

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett exclaimed amused watching Esme and Bella walk pass him.

"I know you cheat, " Esme called back with a grin "call it as you see it," Esme told Bella.

"Aster! Get over here." Alice waved me over to one of the plates and I whined softly in my head and made my way over to the third base plate right by Edward giving him a smile which he returned to me.

Rosalie was first at the bat and nodded at Alice who quickly drew herself back and threw the ball fast, Rosalie quickly hitting it hard, the loud echo of the thunder rumbling with her hit.

Edward quickly looked watching it fly past into the forest and ran at full speed to grab it. "That's gotta be a home run right?" Bella questioned.

I heard Esme click her tongue, and I quickly sprinted across to the second base once I heard Edward throw it back towards me at full speed. I quickly caught it fast and spun my body around.

"Aster and Edward are pretty fast." Esme comment with a smile. I threw it straight at Esme who quickly caught it just as Rosalie slide into home base.

"Out" Emmett called just as Bella did I grinned straightening my posture out and fixed my cap on my head.

"Babe! Come on its just a game." Emmett called to Rosalie who sent Bella a small glare.

"This is why you don't put Edward and Aster on the same team." Carlisle joked into the air sending me a smile walking passed me.

"Good job, better not slip spider monkey." Edward joked to me kissing my forehead as he walked passed me and I hit his back laughing a little lightly stretching more amused at that.

The time flew by fast and before I knew, I had lost count of who was winning plus I had a headache as well.

I took my cap off taking a small breather shaking my head out watching Jasper quickly hit the ball with one loud bang surprising me to the fullest by how quick it flew into to forest.

It was too fast for anyone to run and grab it "stop!" Alice shouted making everyone stop what they were doing noticing Alice was having a small vision.

Edward face twisted into an unpleasant look as he quickly used his speed to sprint over to Bella, all of us quickly gathering around.

"They were just leaving when the hard us." Alice breathed out softly "vampires?" Jasper called out fast looking at her.

"I caught there scent." He said again fast. Edward was quick to go to Bella side.

I just sighed shaking my head, quickly masking my human scent to let my vampire scent overpower it, fixing my hair a little watching Edward fixing Bella's hair.

"Put your hair down?" He told her softly Rosalie scoffed almost laughing. "Like that will help I can smell all the way across the field." She called out walking to join Emmett.

"Rose." Carlisle scolded her a bit Edward grabbed my arm pulling me to stand by his other side and I didn't argue with him once.

I was honestly tired, and sleepy from all the running, screaming and laughter.

I focused my attention watching three red-eyed vampires make there way across the field towards us. Making me gulp just a bit well damn this isn't good I thought.