Chapter Twelve

(Asters' Homecoming Outfit)
Aster's Pov
My body was put to the test, and it shocked me. My hazel eyes never did leave the bandage wrapped around my wrist the list of all the things damaged on my body, was intensely long.

My wrist was snapped in six places, I had a small concussion, internal bleeding, and what shocked me the whole time Carlisle worked on me. I was awake to feel all the pain.

Did it hurt worse than my heartbreaking? No, honestly it didn't.

I looked down at the black-dress laced with small little jewels all the way down.  I stood up, watching the small slit exposing my leg, come into view looking in the full-length mirror, wearing a pair of black and gold pumps.

It was strange, I felt more like a grown woman, I didn't feel like a child.  My curls were all styled and pushed back from my face, I actually looked amazing.

I heard small knocks on my door and I turned around calling out a small come in, messing with the bandage wrapped around my hand.

"It's time." Alice beamed and she quickly looking at me in so much shock.  "Aster! Oh my god, you look amazing!" She screamed making make laugh softly and go over to her hugging her with a smile.

"Thank you, Alice, you look stunning like always," I told her gently brushing her pixie hair away she smiled at me sadly.

"Do you really have to, you can just stay here." She pleaded to me, her voice cracking.

I gave her a soft smile and looked at her gently. "You know I'll be back, I always will," I told her softly stroking her cheeks. I let my hands fall and I linked my arms with hers.

"Come on, let's go take pictures downstairs, I have to hide my thoughts from Edward, I'm gonna tell him later."

"He's gonna be heartbroken."

____________________
The whole school did such a good job on the setup. I was in shock at how beautiful it looked. It made me feel less shy about my exposed dress, and heels.

I was showing off so much skin, and cleavage it wasn't like me. But I danced the night away like I was gonna die again.

I danced with everyone. I even met Bella's friend Jacob outside, finding him as a nice sweet guy, but my feet were killing me in the pumps, and it was getting hot inside.

I stepped out the gazebo sliding my pumps off letting my bare feet relax leaning on the railing soft music playing to my ears.

I was gonna miss it all, I really was. But Mason and me already had it all set and everything.

"Wow, look at how beautiful and grown you look," Edward called out to me. I turned my attention to him, seeing him all alone.

I gave him a soft smile and leaned up, my pumps in my hand dangling from my fingertips.

"You look handsome like always." I praised him watching him breathe that breathtaking smile. He made his way over to me gently sliding his hands over my wrapped hand, holding it softly.

"I'm the only one, who hasn't gotten a dance yet, may I have this dance?" He asked me gently. I looked up at him and I felt like that innocent girl again with a silly crush.

"Of course," I answered softly. I set my pumps down, placing my other hand on Edward's shoulders his arm sliding around my waist.

"I never got to tell you, I'm deeply sorry about what happened at the studio, I don't have enough time to help you, I heard your screams, and I just grew into shock." He told me his eyes showing all the sadness in the world.

We both swayed with the gentle beat and he twirled me around slowly pulling me back against him, my back against his chest, before turning me back around.

"Don't worry Edward, I'll heal its okay?" I told him gently. He gazed at me more deeply and pulled me closer to him.

"It's strange, I'm looking up at you, and I feel like a little girl again," I whispered watching him smile down at me.

"The only difference is, your all grown, grown and beautiful, and you always will be." He told me gently smiling. I grew flustered and chuckled softly gazing up at him softly.

"Sadly we all grow up right," I asked him seeing him look at me deeply before he nodded.

"I need to talk to you actually," I told him still looking at him I was a little uneasy before I whispered.  "Tonight I'm leaving." I watched as his face twisted in confusion and a questionable look.

"Leaving, what do you mean leaving?" He called sternly. "Me and Mason are gonna go away for a bit, kinda like a road trip, travel for a year," I explained to him.

"It's not forever, I'm gonna come back," I reassured him. "You're still leaving Aster, how am I gonna handle you being gone?" He asked me confused.

"Everyone else will still be here," I said again. "Is it about Bella? What she told you, I read your thoughts." He strained out.

"No, this isn't about Bella, Edward, I just wanna find myself, I don't wanna be lost in the thought of you because I am in love with you." I slowly confessed his eyes went slightly wide.

"I've told you before that I loved you, but you were never listening,  I just wanna find myself," I whispered gently stroking his cheeks.

He gazed down at me even more before he leaned his forehead on mine.  "What you never understood Aster, I always  have been in love with you, every single day." He whispered back gazing down at me.

"You've always been my butterfly, no one can take that from you." He whispered again.

I was a little stunned at first feeling his lips on mine before I gently kissed him back softly the both of us swaying slightly.

I embraced the moment because I had a feeling I was gonna have to forget it. I cupped his cheek gently moving my lips against his before I broke the kiss gazing up at him.

"You'll come back?" He whispered to me again. I gave him a soft sad smile before nodding.

"I always will," I whispered. I backed away picking my pumps back up slipping them on.

Me and Edward shared one last deep meaningful hug, and I pressed a soft kiss on his cheek, watching him watch me walk away.

From the corner of my eye, he touched his lips slightly with a soft gaze. I made my way around the corner seeing Mason standing waiting for me there.

"That was quite the scene." He teased me I rolled my eyes at him sighing rubbing at my cheeks.

"Not funny," I mumbled watching him watch me. He kept his eyes trained on me.

"You ready?" He asked me. I looked over my shoulder to see Edward was still alone before he was joined by Bella. It was a painful sight I gave a faint smile looking back at Mason nodding.

"Yeah let's go."