Chapter Four

Aster's Pov
The days to the next week, finally seemed like they were drawing closer. It really strange not having Edward in the house. Playing chess, or playing the piano.

The days seemed to drag, the thought still in my head. I had I have a talk with Esme. But I was honestly so frightened to even bring it up.

It's bad enough that everyone is throwing in the possibility that Bella could be Edward's mate which is why he reacted the way he did which just threw my entire frizzled brain into a frenzy.

I walked passed the piano lightly tracing the music notes with a smile by the title butterfly whisper. Edward made the song, a few days after I was welcomed into the family.

"Esme? Can I talk to you." I called around the house. My sock feet slid slightly across the marble hardwood floor as I search around for her.

It was the night Edward was supposed to come back. I was excited because I sure did miss him.

"Kitchen sweetie!" She called back figures I thought chewing at my lip. I walked into the kitchen seeing her reading from a heavy set cookbook looking up at me. She sent me that mothering smile.

"Hey sweetie what's the matter?" She asked me gripping the cookbook tightly. I made my way towards her standing next to her peeking at the cookbook with her.

"I just wanted to talk that's all." I whispered, "Esme the other day, I was looking through Carlisle's books from his office cause you know I do that sometimes." I started out explaining.

"Mhm, you've always liked doing that." She chuckled. I smiled at her softly.

"I well noticed something in the books, about something called a hybrid," I whispered.

I watched her eyes grow slightly wide. She looked quite nervous and scared. I watched her shut the book setting it aside.

"Oh dear, I didn't think you were gonna learn so quickly, come here let's talk." She grabbed both my hands gently and sat me down right next to her at the table.

I wasn't expecting her to react that way. "I know you have a lot of questions, even I questioned a lot when I first found you." She told me softly, squeezing my hands.

I looked at her sadly, before speaking again. "Esme... What exactly am I? I'm not a normal vampire like you guys, I eat food, I sleep, I even cry, I can stop my heart around you guys, I just would like to know, I'm not upset." I reassured her softly hoping not to scare her.

"Well from what I learned when I first found you, a hybrid, human and vampire, when I met you I only smelt your vampire scent, cause your human scent was masked, but when you were five one day I caught you eating apples from the garden, I thought I was imagining it." She told me softly.

"But then a few days after I found you asleep in the woods, that's when I knew you weren't full but half, " She explained.

"But what happened to my mom and dad?" I questioned taking in all this info.

"Your mom was human, and your dad a vampire, they were killed one day while in the woods, and I found you, quite younger then you remember, I found you when you were five." She explained and my eyes went wide from that.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in," I whispered feeling my breath quicken.

"Esme I can't tell everyone they won't understand me... I don't even understand myself, mom." I cracked out slowly feeling tears pool into my eyes.

Her eyes went so soft with sadness "I'm so different they won't understand." I cracked out again slowly breaking down.

I was so afraid of losing the one thing that kept me whole my family. "Aster sweetie, look at me," Esme whispered gently, lifting my chin up, she did away the fallen tears.

"Of course you're not different sweetie, you're special, your gift to talk to animals, you're caring heart. Just because you still have a heart, blood flow, and breathing, doesn't make you less from us okay." She reassured me gently still wiping away my tears.

I sniffled slightly still listening to here before slowly nodding. "I will help you explain to everyone okay, sweetie you don't have to hide your heartbeat anymore or breathing, don't hide, express all yourself." She told me with a soft kind smile.

I smiled through my tears before she cupped my cheeks still wiping them away. I released the flow from my heart, letting it start pumping again, and the blood flow went back through me filling my brown cheeks and Esme smiled happily stroking my cheeks.

"Are you hungry? I would like to learn new stuff that I can finally freely cook." She asked me gently and hopeful.

I gazed at her softly before I nodded playing with my fingers.

"I'd like something to eat Esme," I asked softly and she smiled squeezing my cheeks before she slowly got up and went to dig in the fridge.

The back door to the porch of the house open and Esme looked over in surprise before she spoke. "Edward your back." She called smiling.

I looked over at him to see him smile as he nodded his hair tossed and messy. His scent hitting my nose. God, I missed him I thought.

Edward breathed in and then he flashes his eyes over to me in surprise before he whispered looking at Esme.

"Esme you told her? I thought we agreed to wait." Edward called in a soft tone making me look at him also in surprise.

"Wait what? You knew as well?" I asked in shocked Esme and Edward both looked at one another.

"Edward I had to tell her, she figured it out on her own." She mumbled. Edward slowly leaned on the counter gripping at it sighing before he nodded a little locking his gaze with me.

"Yeah butterfly, I knew because when you were five, I found you in the woods, not Esme I brought you home, and carried you."