Chapter Two

Aster's Pov
"How has school been so far Aster." I lifted my eyes up from the book I was reading. Sitting on the marble countertop, watching Esme practice her cooking.

I wasn't too sure why she did. But she seemed to enjoy having something to do when at home all day. "Amazing, all the homework in the world, I'm living the dream." I joked looking back at my book hearing her twinkling laughter.

"It can't be all that bad sweetheart, you seem to have a lot of friends, more than everyone else." She called out.

"Oh, that's cause she's weird," Emmett called passing through ruffling my hair up with a goofy grin across his face. "Oh as if! It's cause I'm the only one who acts normal, all everyone does is glare at everyone, especially Edward." I exclaimed, shaking my head trying to fix my hair.

"Did you call my name," Edward called from inside the living room, sitting at the piano messing with the keys.

"I was making a point Edward," I called hearing him chuckle softly.

"Well butterfly, you do know, we are getting a new student," Edward called. Each one of his fingers still pressing on the keys.

"Who is she or he?" I asked shutting my book after bookmarking it hearing the sizzle from Esme cooking something random before she put it in the fridge.

"Chiefs Charlie Swan's daughter, Bella Swan I believe, all day long peoples thoughts back and forth, back and forth, I was gonna scream." Edward sighed, pulling his hair back.

"Will just have to wait and see," I answered swinging my legs back and forth.

"Aster let's go hunt." Edward suddenly called out to me, lifting himself off the piano bench making his way over to me.

I groaned inside my mind slightly annoyed cause I had gotten comfortable. But I hadn't hunted in a while or eaten it was bugging my focusing.

"Okay, let me go get my shoes," I called back seeing him smile at me leaning on the wall. "Be safe you two," Esme called out drying her hands off wiping them, leaving the kitchen

"We will, I'll watch her," Edward reassured her still smiling. I found myself staring at him yet again, which has been happening all week.

"God damn it," I whispered walking passed him to grab my combat boots, slipping them on.

"You know you should control your thoughts." Edward joked amused helping me slip my jacket on. Which I thanked him for growing embarrassed finding myself stammering out words I regretted once they left me

"You know you should shut up."

____________________________
The next day flew by, and by the time I had started the day. Emmett and Jasper argued. Edward kept reading Alice's mind for visions.

Me and Rosalie talked. And the whole school was buzzing about Bella Swan. Actually felt kinda nice not to be the one of huge gossip.

In every class, I had fallen asleep cause I didn't sleep much last night having strange dreams cause talking to animals sure can mess with your head.

"Aster come on, you know we have to do this every day." Edward pleaded to me gazing at me. I wanted to argue. And just go and sleep in Emmett's Jeep but I couldn't.

"Fine." I groaned letting him take my hand. He pushed opened the cafeteria doors for me letting me in first, him following behind me.

"And who are they?" I heard a timid voice call out. "Aster and Edward Cullen, Edward a total hottie, but no one here is good for him, Aster and him are super close, everyone thinks they're dating," Jessica called out and I wanted to roll my eyes at the silly rumor.

"Aster isn't like that, she's super sweet and funny," Angelica called with a smile waving at me which I returned to her.

Edward and me sitting at the table with the others. "You know her?" Bella asked her which Angelica responded with a grin.

"I'm best friends with her, she's pretty normal and sweet." I grew flustered rubbing at my cheeks still feeling eyes all on us like always.

I leaned back in my seat feeling Jasper send calm and collected emotions to me making me sigh in content giving him a soft smile which he returned.

"Aster," Edward mumbled to me and I looked at him confused, playing with my sleeves to my long-sleeved shirt.

"What's the matter?" I whispered back to him, seeing him looking strained and slightly irritated.

"I can't read her thoughts." He whispered hushedly to me looking surprised.

"Who? The new girl Bella?" I questioned again watching him nod his head quickly.

I looked over across her table both me and Edward watching her. I was a little curious and intrigued cause Edward can read everyone just like I can talk to all the animals I come in contact with.

I rubbed Edward's back gently to give him a little comfort and he gave me a smile at me mumbling a small thank you, resting his head on mine which I did the same shutting my eyes.

If only you could feel how you make my heart beat fast. I thought the both of us staying like that for a bit mumbling ideas and what not to one another on why he couldn't read her.

Everyone's eyes on us but Bella's I could feel the most was staying at our table and wasn't gonna stop.