Chapter Twenty One

Aster's Pov
I felt so lost and I didn't even have the slightest clue to why. We all were following behind the short blonde hair vampire. She really did look scary. Her glare could kill anyone. She looked so small. I flicked my eyes away when Edward gave my hand a firm squeeze pulling me into his side more, while Alice was talking and consoling Bella.

The large great doors flew open as Jane pushed them open leading the way inside. I took the chance to study everything. While still at the same time I was keeping my blood flow and heart-pounding to a minimal. Since I didn't have to do it so much at home it was actually a very big struggle.

"Sister I tell you to bring back one you bring back four? clever girl." I study the small smirk across his pale face before a large laugh startled me to my core. I hid the small jolt when looking at the long hair black hair man. This must be Aro, then that's Caius and Marcus. The Volturi kings.

I gulped the slightest holding Edward's hand much closer. "Ah! Look at that Aster is alive and well." Aro exclaimed as he stood in front of me and Edward. "I believe we've never met dear and I've met all of the Cullen." Aro cooed.

I looked towards Edward who gave me a soft head nod with a small smile urging me not to be afraid. I gulped the lump down yet again "Hello Aro, I'm Aster Cullen." I introduced myself. He held out his hand to me, and I was slightly scared he was gonna see a lot of my memories that showed I wasn't a vampire but I placed my hand in his anyway.

Both his hands quickly locked around my own palm my eyes shimmering with doubt as he looked to be in great train of thought. Her was slowly pulled away, a small smile across his slightly eerie face.

"Interesting you can talk to animals?" He asked for me. I gave him a deep head nod. "I can kinda control animals too." I continued explaining. Aro hummed in thought. As his fingers traced across the ring on my finger.

"And I see you are engaged to Edward over here. You gave him quite the fright thinking you were dead." He released this loud laugh that sent shivers down my very core, but I had to stand here with confidence and with little grace.

"It was just a really big misunderstanding I apologize." I bowed my head a bit my curls flying into view. Tugging it back with one quick motion. Aro was still studying me, like he could see into my eyes.

So I tried to make them as gold yellow as I could. "All is forgiven dear just remember second chances don't always happen but this once. You guys may leave." Aro backed away releasing my hand and I quickly looked back at Alice in a lot of state of disbelief.

Even Edward was looking very confused as he spoke "Demetri walk them out will you." Aro turned his back away from us, and nodded towards one of the other men before Alice nodded that it was okay for us to follow.

I kept my grip much tighter with Edward's arm sliding around my waist holding me close. We followed Demetri out the last words of Aro's filling only to mine, Alice, and Edward's ears.

"Till we meet again." The loud bang of the doors shutting was the last thing I heard. I looked back up at Edward seeing he was looking in a lot of confusion. "I've never had an encounter with the Volturi like that, Aro is usually never that calm, none of them are," Edward whispered to me.

I looked up at him even more "Do you think he knows?" I asked trying to hide the fear in my voice. Edward gave a quick shake to his head no.

"I was reading his thoughts the whole time, he just thought you were intriguing, they didn't even react to Bella which was strange." Edward continued. He wasn't sparing Bella any glances since it seemed she was sparing him a lot.

"I'm just really glad you are okay," I said again seeing him send me a gentle smile my way lifting my hand up, he pressed a small kiss to my knuckles.

"We still have a wedding to plan, don't we. You know it's gonna be a long guest list." Edward flashed me another one of his famous smiles "and we are letting Alice plan half of it." I joked when he gave a small eye roll of amusement.

"That she is, but it will still be magically." He pressed another kiss to my forehead and just for this very moment I could relax. But yet at the same time, I still felt lost inside these very dark walls surrounding me.

I didn't know what it was but I felt so confused by it. As I stood here standing in Edward's arms this strange shivers shot through my stomach and I never felt it before. Maybe it was just the last meal I had eaten settling in I thought to myself.