Chapter Five

Aster's Pov
It was a lot to take in for the first few days. It took everyone a while to adjust but they didn't see me any less different. The following day after I was in shock from Edward and Esme's talk. We spent the rest of the day explaining to everyone what I was.

How I was still human. Everyone was shocked, to say the least, but Carlisle was more in amazement when he heard my strange heartbeat. And Edward the whole story from the beginning when we met, just has more and more to it.

"So you saved me?" I asked him quietly flicking my eyes to him. My hood was up to block the rain, both me and Edward making our way towards his Volvo.

He cracked a small smile looking at me from across the busy school parking lot. "I did yeah, I was hunting, and I heard a faint human heartbeat, I had just turned a decade ago, you were chasing a butterfly, ironic right." He whispered to me amused.

I grew deeply flustered at that rubbing at my cheek. "Hence the name butterfly," I whispered seeing him smile more.

"That's correct, you were covered in blood, some your own but the rest was your parents, so I assumed the worse, I somehow was able to get you from hiding behind a tree, picked you up, and carried you back to the house." He explained to me.

I breathed out a soft wow and sat in the hood of the Volvo my hands in my pocket.

"I don't quite understand it Aster I don't but I found the need to protect you always. It grew when I learned what you were, even when you were young I did, I can't just shut it off, cause I've tried, I go crazy when I don't know you're okay." He explained to me in a quiet whisperer.

I kept my eyes locked onto his. I gently grabbed his hand. "You don't have to shut it off Edward, but as long as you know I feel the same, I worry about you a lot," I told him softly watching him smile gently holding my hand with his.

I gave it a soft squeeze enjoying the moment that I never realized we ever had. But my heartbeat quicken and my increased sound picked up when I heard loud tire squealing, and loud commotions.

Edward was so fast. I didn't even notice he was gone until I was left gasping watching as Edward was able to swoop Bella up, pushing away Tyler's van as it almost crushed her.

I was left wide-eyed in shock looking back over at Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, and Alice who also were a little in shock.

Edward was gazing at Bella and slowly set her down and moved between the cars walking away leaving everyone in shock.

Oh no Edward what have you done I thought to myself.

_____________________
As quickly as me and Rosalie could we arrived at the hospital Carlisle worked at.

She was in a pissed state, she was pissed because of Edward's actions might have caused our secret to be exposed.

I folded my arms watching Carlisle, Rosalie and Edward all quietly argue with one another.

"How could you be so reckless, what if she suspects something now." Rosalie hissed out.

"What was I suppose to do Rose? Let her die." Edward snapped back at her.

"Now we all are at risk." She continued. "Kids stop please," Carlisle called. My eyes lingered on Edward for a little feeling so bad for him.

He didn't want her to die I understand that. He isn't a complete monster. But Bella was gonna get curious. I mean she came up to me in the gym asking me what was wrong with when he left for a week.

It honestly annoyed me greatly. I inhaled once and I caught her scent around the corner and gently nudged Edward who looked down at me confused.

I gestured with my head towards where she was whispering. "We can finish this later," I answer watching Rosalie look over her shoulder glaring.

"Come on you two can go in my office," Carlisle told me and Rosalie.

I gave Edward a quick hug which he returned kissing my head. Me and Rosalie walked all the way to his office.

I sat down on his spinny chair behind his desk, yawning quietly lost in my own world.

"Aster," Rosalie called in a soft tone I focused on her gently.

"Yeah Rose?" I asked her watching her pull her coat closer to her smiling faintly to herself.

"I didn't notice it at first until the other day, I thought I was imagining it." She chuckled softly.

"The way you look at Edward, its admiration, its adore, its beauty, its everything." She whispered to me.

I took slow steady breaths in listening to her closely. "You're in love with him." She whispered again turning to face me. As quickly as I could I shook my head shyly.

"No Rose, call it anything but love," I told her watching her tilt her head.

"Sweetie, we call it everything, but it is love." She said once again, going over to me she gently stroked my messy hair looking at me gently.

I laid my head to rest on her stomach a bit. Enjoying her cool touch shutting my eyes.

"Maybe it is love Rose, but I have to keep my distance," I whispered softly.

"It's possible, Bella could be Edward's mate, and I don't wanna come between that, a mate is stronger than anything," I explained to her cracking a smile.

"I see it with Esme and Carlisle, Emmett and you, Jasper and Alice, I won't come between that ever," I whispered Rosalie scoffed quietly at the mention of her name.

"I don't believe that Aster, before anyone, you came before Bella, if anyone is coming between it's her alright, don't lose hope okay." She whispered to me.

I kept hugging her really needing the comfort to ease my mind a little.

"I hope so Rose, I really do."