Chapter Eighteen

Aster's Pov
I gently chewed at the bits of my fingers nails, leaning my entire body against the screen frame in the doorway. The way the waves crashes against the night sand shores was truly a breathtaking sight.

I never was gonna get tired of it. I never was gonna get tired of being here with Edward because being here with him was all that mattered right now. It was all the put my troubled mind to ease.

I let my fingers slide from my teeth, to let the bruised ends briefly play with the ends of the shirt to play with Edward's shirt he gave me.

He had gone out not too long ago talking on the phone with Rose from what I could hear it was important.

Sometimes my troubled thoughts really got me in trouble. They made me overthink things. Once thought that stuck through me was what if Edward wanted Bella back?

He could completely forget about this almost year in a half on this island. He could forget about all the kisses, laughter, happiness, the ease, and the peace. Drop it all to be back with freaking Isabella Swan. The thought made me bitter a little.

"Baby?" I jolted in shock fast holding my pounding chest a bit, taking a deep breath in feeling Edward's arms around my waist and hips. "You scared me." I breathed out catching my breath to calm my racing heart down.

"Stop thinking like that please, it upsets me when I hear your thoughts." He whispered to me slowly resting his chin on top of my head.

I felt his soft cool hands gently rub my arms up and down. He was gazing out the window with me. "I choose you, not her, it will always be you it's a promise." He muttered against my hairline.

"I Apologize, I don't like having the thoughts at all, it's just troubling that's all," I responded gently. I heard Edward hum before he was carefully grabbing my hands spinning me around to face him, playing with my fingers gently.

"Aster, I know in some ways, I skipped past a lot of important things, of course, I don't regret our nights of passion." He chuckled quietly making me let a soft laugh out looking up at him.

"You can say sex Edward, it's okay." I teased him quietly watching his face scrunch up playful as he breathed out a soft amused chuckle.

"Back in my time, getting married was showing and saying I love you." He started out a gentle smile staying across his face.

"I would go to your father's home, and ask him for permission." He whispered his gold eyes staying locked onto mine.

"Then I would come see you, and get down on one knee." He whispered slowly dropping down to one knee gazing up at me, his eyes were flamed with emotion as he slowly pulled out a black box, opening it up exposing a beautiful ring. It twinkled slightly in the moonlight.

I was looking at him in complete shock watching as he kept whispering to me. "This belonged to my mother before she died. Aster I'm utterly and completely in love with you, and I would love if you did me the honor of being my beautiful wife?" He questioned to me softly.

I felt my eyes sting with tears of slow happiness using my arm a little to cover my mouth to muffle my cries of happiness and trembles slowly nodding my head.

"Yes Edward, I will marry you." I cracked out full tears falling down shaking more. Edward smiled an overwhelming look if tears could leave him if they would. He stood up, grabbing the ring slowly sliding it onto my shaking being finger.

He slowly held it lifting it up to kiss, looking at me and I slowly hugged him tightly crying quietly. I felt him slide his arm to hug me tightly lifting me up with one arm, holding me close to him gently swaying me with him, taking deep breaths in.

I kept shaking and crying quietly in his neck. This couldn't be real... It had to be a dream. "No love its not a dream, I love you so much." He whispered against the side of my head.

"God I love you so much more." I shook out laughing through my tears hearing him laughing quietly. He lifted my head up, gently kissing my lips repeatedly over and over.

I raised my hand up to cup his cheeks stroking then returning each little kiss. My body was still shaking with shock and Edward was still holding me close.

"I'm gonna go run you a bath, okay love? then will get ready for bed okay, please don't pass out or anything." He chuckled quietly slowly setting me down back on my bare feet.

I slipped out a quiet laugh, and held my mouth a little, wiping at my silly tears that kept falling. My finger felt so heavy for some reason.

"I won't I promise." I giggled seeing him smile. He came over to me kissing all over my temple over and over before he placed one more kiss against my lips before I watched him make his wat into the open bathroom.

I took some more deep breaths in covering my mouth still. I slowly sat on the end of the bed, letting my hand drop for a minute. Cradling the ring with shaking hands and fingers looking at it with a fresh new set of tears.

My heart was racing with happiness, shock, nervousness knowing everyone was gonna judge me for being engaged at seventeen but Edward was technically seventeen as well.

I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't upset either. I wiped away the tears sniffling and kept looking at the ring more.

"Have I found you, Edward? Or did I find you." I breathed out quickly still tracing the ring slowly shutting my eyes some more. Was I ready for another step in the future? I think I was.