Chapter Three

Aster's Pov
The days seemed to pass by like blurs. Like the time wasn't even moving like it usually did. It was another long day after school. And I hadn't really noticed how strange everyone was acting.

As soon as we got back home I went up into my room and got my laptop out, staying up there for hours. I was getting a little more anxious every day. And finally, I just wanted to learn what I was. Or at least try and figure out.

I always could go into Carlisle office, and look through his books if I asked. Which I found myself doing and getting up just that once.

I heard my door to my bedroom open. I glanced up, putting my reading glasses away seeing Edward making me a little flustered.

"Hey is everything alright?" I asked him concerned sitting up straight off my headboard. "Alice told me you had a freak out during Biology?" I questioned again watching him sigh nodding, he sat on the end of my bed, ruffling his hair up.

"Yeah I did, you know me butterfly, I have really good self-control, but today I wanted to drain all her blood." He strained out looking at me.

I breathed out a soft sigh looking at him sorry like. Grabbing his arm gently in mine.

"Bella right?" I whispered. He slowly nodded looking so stressed and strained.

"That never has happened before, and I had to get out of the classroom so fast, as soon as we got home, I had to hunt." He explained to me.

"That's why it sounded empty in the house." I mumbled, "Edward it wasn't your fault okay, I don't want you thinking you're a monster, cause your not, none of us are, cause then if your one, then I'm one." I whispered still stroking his arms up and down.

"No Aster, you can never be a monster, your so pure, innocent, kind, amazing you could never hurt a fly, I know it's hard when you hurt animals, it's so pure." He told me making me squirm slightly, growing even more flustered.

"You flatter me too much," I whispered, pulling my hair away. "I know that being here in school is gonna put some strain on you, go see our cousins in Alaska okay?" I told him the idea of seeing him think it over before I watched him lay down with me in bed.

"What are you doing," I asked him with a soft smile hiding the books away from him, and my laptop, "I wanna spend some time with you before I leave tonight." He whispered.

If I wasn't making my heart stop right now, It would be pounding away. "Okay," I answered shyly.

I rested my head on his, and slowly starting playing with his hair, and stroking his cheeks. Maybe being able to give him a little comfort after a bad day.

But then a sudden thought struck through me when I remember the reassure I was looking through the books.

A hybrid...

__________________
"So you're telling me, Edward is gonna be gone for a week," Emmett questioned to me his head resting on my shoulder, sitting right next to me on the hood of his Jeep.

Jasper, Alice, and Rosalie standing around. Another cold day in Forks. "Yes for a week," I responded back shivering holding myself a little all my hair pulled into a curly short bun.

I can't believe I was that stupid not to think of the simplest idea. A hybrid half-human half-vampire.

All night after Edward left, with a small kiss to my forehead. It totally made sense. Being able to eat both, the fast-growing speed as a child. Which means my mom was human, and my father was a vampire when she gave birth to me.

But then that also means Esme must have known. That must be the reason she cooks secretly, why she is careful with me, protective all the little things adding up.

"Why is Bella even watching us," Rosalie grumbled shifting next to me looking over to where Bella stood with her friend with her orange truck. Her gaze trying not to show it but she kept looking over here.

"Maybe she likes Edward." Alice chimed in a cute tone making me grow stiff and I kept quiet, playing with Emmett's hair more.

"Gross," Rosalie mumbled making me crack a smile chuckling hearing Emmett hum in content

"Well safe to say Edward almost killed her," I called out. "I understand the feeling," Jasper mumbled shaking his head.

"Jas you'll be okay," I reassured him softly seeing him send me a smile. "You seem sad that Edward isn't here," Alice called out to me.

I hummed a little my research still stuck in my head. Knowing me, I'm gonna have to talk to Esme at some point, and ask her what she knows.

"I knew he was gonna leave, he stayed the night with me a few nights back, I also gave him the idea," I explained.

"Badass." Emmett joked looking at me making me chuckle and kiss his head slightly.

"Yeah, but you two are really close, it's like how I am with Rosalie, or you and Emmett you sure you'll be okay," Jasper asked me slightly concerned.

I gave him a soft reassuring smile. "I am gonna be okay, I rather him take some time to himself and figure everything out for a week instead of almost killing someone," I explained gently. Everyone all hummed in agreement.

I kept playing with Emmett's hair all of us talking still before we heard the ringing of the bell signaling the wake of hell.

"I'll see you guys later," I called giving everyone hugs, and waves of goodbye.

I gripped my backpack tightly and glanced over at her orange truck one last time seeing her pale face tilting her head at me staring all at me.

Before she blushed noticing me watching her she dropped her head down leaving me very confused.