Chapter Twenty

Aster's Pov
The cool calming breeze of the wind was the only thing calming my racing heart down a bit. One half of me wanted to be erratic and be freaking out, but I knew that wasn't gonna help the situation out at all. I was still playing with my ring knowing one thing.

I was gonna have to stay calm, and I was gonna have to mask my human side completely with my vampire side. I've heard so many stories about the Volturi from Carlisle. They had a lot of laws, a lot of rules for vampires not to be known from the world.

Alice was speeding down the road very fast much to my deep surprise. Bringing me away from my thoughts. "How come you don't sparkle like the rest?" I wanted to shut my eyes in annoyance at the sound of Bella but answered her.

"We've been over this, I am half, not full, I do sparkle, just very faintly," I muttered loud enough for her to hear looking out the window.

What a beautiful place too bad we are here under bad circumstances. "Aro rejected him," Alice informed me making me look at her focused.

"He's gonna break one of the laws isn't he?" I asked her already feeling my heart formed with panic. "You are gonna have to go to the clock tower Aster, he'll read my thoughts and think they are fake, Bella you are staying in the car with me," Alice said sternly.

"What? no, I'm going with Aster."

"No, you you're staying with Alice. " I said in a hard tone. It was already a bad idea, to begin with bringing her along with, I so badly have almost thrown her off the plane and car.

The Volturi never usually give second chances you're very lucky if they ever do.

_____________________________
Okay Aster just use your senses. I told myself roughly in my mind rushing through the crowd panic still flowing through my head.

I was whipping my head around through the crowd of red clocks. humans that's all I could smell. I needed to focus my senses and smell Edward.

I took a deep breath in rushing through a rush of people taking one large inhale in and I snapped my hazel eyes open quickly when hearing the clock strike twelve. As quickly as my short-form could take me.

I went flying through the crowd pushing through every one I could. I flew up the large stone steps and quickly pushed away Edward's body away from the burning sunlight hugging him tightly breathing out the biggest sigh of relief gripping his hair, holding him against me.

"Edward look at me okay I'm alive, I've always been alive," I whispered quick. I felt him hugging me tightly against him his head resting against my neck.

"Oh god, Aster you're okay." He whispered bringing me inside the large building. It was when I decided now was the time I would let my heartbeat completely stop and let more of my vampire side out.

"I'm right here," I whispered feeling his cold hands cupping my face gazing deeply into my eyes his forehead resting on my own.

"I thought I lost you. " He whispered. I carefully pecked his lips with a gentle smile.

"We still have a wedding to plan," I whispered seeing him smile leaning his head down he pressed his lips against mine.

I slide his robe back over him enjoying this small little moment. Edward was the first to pull away when he sensed other presences around him.

He slides his arm to rest around my waist and I looked to gaze at two unfamiliar vampires.

"Aro wants to see you." One of them called out "Demetri, Felix I don't need their service anymore." Edward said in a hard tone

"Oh but he insists," Felix called out. Edward had a look of annoyance he glanced down at me.

"Go enjoy the festival with Alice." He whispered. "What no I'm staying with you," I said looking at him. "She comes with too." Edward was growing deeply frustrated but to add to everything Bella and Alice had also made there way inside.

Edward was looking so conflicted onto why Bella was here. "Now now boys it's a festival." Alice cooed playfully at the two. I was still being pressed against Edward when another figure appeared she was much shorter and her piercing red eyes were glaring at everyone.

"Jane," Edward called quietly. "Enough, Aro made me come and see what was taking so long," She stated in a bored tone.

I looked to Edward who had no choice but to nod and he moved to hold my hand before all of us were following behind them all. Bella was in danger being here with a whole bunch of vampires but In a deep great way, so was I.

How long could I keep my heart from not beating? Would they notice the blood flow that takes a few minutes to stop, would they notice the things that surely enough did make me very much so human. It kinda scared me because I was a little more over my head here.

I felt Edward had placed a small kiss on top of my head still holding me close to him before he whispered to me.

"It's gonna be okay alright, just stay close to me." He informed me and once again I nodded my head deeply shutting my eyes for just a moment. I was lost, lost within these walls.