Side Story 1

A month ago, the Lombardi mansion.

"I'm pissed off..."

A bunch of papers in my hand lay on the table with a throbbing, heavy noise.

The report I received a while ago was heating up my head.

"It's been a long time, I feel like this."

Still, tapping on the table with my fingertips and waiting for my mood to calm down.

"The more I think about it, the more upset I get."

I expected some damage, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

I narrow my eyes and glared at the papers.

"Isn't that such a person from the beginning? There is no trust at all."

Clarivan spoke low, frowning over his glasses.

"I didn't like him from the beginning. For me."

"The householder of Pellet. No, Clarivan."

When I called him "The householder of Pellet" like the habit I used to call in public, Clarivan, who looked at me as if he was disappointed, nodded immediately at my corrective title.

"Yes, the Matriarch."

"Are you free today?"

It just so happens that today is the day of the conference where I personally put forward the agenda.

I said, pointing my finger at the stack of papers Clarivan brought.

"I'm going to take this and check it properly. Would you like to go together?"

"On my way out, I told you I'd be leaving work right after work today."

As expected, Clarivan.

That was when we were nodding meaningfully while making eye contact.

"Tia, why don't you finish your meal."

My father, who was listening to our conversation next to me, said quietly, tearing the fresh bread with his hands.

Only then did I realize that we were sitting at a lunch table with a bunch of people, and I reflected on myself.

"The same goes for Sir Clarivan. Doesn't the food cool down?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry."

Clarivan answered quickly, picking up the bread, as if he had ever glisten his eyes in sorrow.

It's the Clarivan that everyone but me is scared of and hard to treat.

Rather, he's especially weak for my father who everyone is comfortable with.

It seemed that there were similarities between people, such as scissors, rocks, and paper.

As I looked at my father and Clarivan for a moment, I shook my head and picked up a piece of bread.

The soft and fluffy bread looked appetizing at a glance.

Yeah, I'll have to eat a lot to fight well in a little while.

Thinking so, I was looking for butter for bread when I suddenly remembered something.

"Wait. Come to think of it, this bread is made of flour, right?"

Clarivan, who was about to put bread in his mouth at my word, also paused.

I glared at the bread for a moment with a vigilant gaze, then asked at the butler who was waiting near the table where we were eating.