Side Story 37

“Hmm.”

I woke up at the touch of gently kneading my feet.

When I pushed up my eyelids, I saw Perez sitting at my feet.

Is he ready to go to the Imperial Palace? The man, who was the emperor from head to toe, was kneading my feet with a lot of concentration.

“Hi.”

I said good morning in a slightly hoarse voice.

Then a friendly smile bloomed on Perez’s expressionless face.

“Did you sleep well, Tia?”

Now that I’m now in my fourth month of pregnancy, Perez seemed to have lost a lot of weight.

It was because he was suffering from morning sickness, which had been going on for some time.

It was said that the assistants of the imperial palace are so afraid of Perez, who has become more sensitive and sharper because of this.

Perez, who treats me, was still like the spring sun.

“You don’t have to do this every morning.”

He must be busy every morning after training and going to work at the Imperial Palace.

Perez took the time and gave me a foot massage every single day.

“You can close your eyes a little more and rest during this time.”

But Perez shook his head.

“Your body is getting heavier, so your feet will be tired. It’s only morning now, but I’ll do it every evening from next month.”

I’ve tried to stop him a few more times before, but Perez was firm.

“…I can’t stop you, really.”

But even saying that, I didn’t take my foot out of him.

I just closed my eyes languidly at the coolness spreading from the soles of my feet.

According to Estira, it will enter a stable phase from four months.

Fortunately, Perez’s morning sickness has subsided a bit since last week.

“Did you have breakfast?”

“Yeah, a little bit.”

“You still can’t eat proper food?”

Perez answered my question with a bitter smile.

Because of the morning sickness he was taking instead of me, Perez had barely survived with fruits and biscuits.

Not long ago, bread and light soup were all he could eat, but it was still not enough.

I was grateful, sorry, and sad to such Perez.

“How can you suffer so much? I hope the morning sickness goes away soon.”

“It’s okay, I can stand it.”

Perez said, crossing over with the other foot.

“It’s better for me to suffer a little than for Tia to suffer.”

“…I think I got married really well.”

As I deliberately wiggled my toes and muttered, Perez grinned.

His large hands are good at loosening the muscles from my calves to the soles of my feet.

There’s really nothing I can’t do.

Looking at Perez, who began to concentrate silently again, my eyes closed.

“Is today your day off, Tia?”