Side Story 15

"Ch- checkpoint?"

A commotion among the people spread like flames in the dry forest in an instant.

"Can't we stop the ship now!?"

The atmosphere on the deck froze as the soldier's shout resounded over the quiet river.

Only the torches that lit up the Sushou warship burned horribly.

"Everyone, lower the anchor!"

"Get the ladder ready!"

It seems that the crew of the cruise did not expect the appearance of the Sushou military ship at all.

Their behavior running around on the deck was full of embarrassment.

In the meantime, the cruise was slowing down, but the military ship threateningly drove the ship as if it could not wait for even a moment.

"Uh, isn't this dangerous?"

"They're going to bump into us!"

Everyone shouted with their pale faces.

To make matters worse, the width of the river that was wide enough to be a small sea a while ago was getting narrower.

A terrain where the river narrows, located within the domain of the Sushou family.

The name of an area popped into my mind at familiar information.

"Here... it's Tamal."

After Chanton Sushou's failed attempt to open the port, it was the place where the construction of narrowing the river was started recently.

Of course, the purpose is to increase Sushou's influence in eastern trade led by Lombardi.

"Argh!"

"Oh my god!"

In the end, the cruise had no choice but to slow down to the point of tilting once, and screams of startled passengers erupted here and there.

However, the soldiers of Sushou, who were the cause of all this, showed no signs of apologizing.

But, according to the command of the soldier standing on the head of the boat, the military ship was tied tightly to the cruise and climbed onto the deck one by one.

And the soldier, who seemed to be the last person in charge, shouted with a loud voice.

"There will be a checkpoint from now on, so everyone please cooperate! If you rebel or come out uncooperatively at the checkpoint, I will dismiss it as a protest against Lord Sushou!"

Such a gangster.

I've never heard of anything like this.

A checkpoint that is suddenly enforced by stopping a passing tourist ship without asking for permission.

If the river in the Tamal region became narrower and more frequent, as Chanton Sushou intended, the cruise business would be hit hard.

"No, that's..."

"How can you be so reckless!"

The aristocrats around made dissatisfied voices, but that was all.

Although it is clearly unfair treatment, the atmosphere of the soldiers of Sushou is so ferocious that it is scary for them to even step forward.

"Larita, stay behind me for a moment."

Perez called me under a pseudonym and hid me behind his back.

At the same time, I could see him putting his hand on his waist like a habit, then hardening his impression.