Side Story 46

Ten days.

It was the given time until she left the village.

“Complete all preparations within that time. Tell Avane Rophili like that too.”

On the day she woke up from a long dream, after a deep silence, Soura left behind those words and turned around.

It was a short time to recover the body and prepare to start the long journey, but Shan just nodded.

Suddenly, she felt sorry for Avane, who had to finish her research in ten days.

So, after recovering enough energy to get up and walk, she often visited Avane’s house to help organize.

“Phew, I think it’s almost over. It’s all thanks to Shan.”

Avane said, wiping off her sweat.

It was only three days before the deadline set by Soura.

“It’s all because of me that the teacher left in such a hurry in the first place. Of course, I have to help.”

Shan shook off her dusty hands and laughed.

She had a happy face after finishing what she had been hanging on for several days.

“What about Shan? Are you… ready to leave?”

Avane’s question was infinitely cautious.

“Hmm…”

Shan, who had been thinking for a while, soon nodded.

“I don’t have much to bring with me anyway.”

“…What about the chieftain?”

When Soura’s story came out, Shan’s smiling face was also inevitably shaded.

“I think my mother is very angry.”

Soura acted as if nothing had happened.

She worked as before, and in the evenings sat together to eat.

But it wasn’t really okay.

“She doesn’t make eye contact with me.”

Soura avoided Shan’s gaze the whole time.

As if she didn’t want to read what Shan was thinking by mistake.

“Those who leave will be different from those who send. Unless the rules within the tribe change, you may not see each other for a long time. Shan, please understand.”

“Yes. Because we may not be able to see each other for a long time.”

The real meaning of leaving the village was known only to Shan and Soura.

Naturally, while counting the remaining days she could spend with her mother, Shan got up from her resting place.

“I’ll see you soon, teacher Avane. I think I should go home early today.”

“Okay. See you next time, Shan.”

After leaving Avane Rophili’s house, she headed straight to her house without leaking anywhere else.

There was not much time to spend time together, so she thought she couldn’t let it go in vain like this.

Maybe Soura will never forgive her for the rest of her life.

But that doesn’t mean she’s just reading the room like this. She didn’t want to leave like this.

“I’m going to cook dinner before my mother comes back.”