Side Story 36

What is he saying now?

I doubted my ears and asked back.

“You’re moving?”

“Yes.”

Unlike me, who was bewildered, Perez just smiled as usual.

I don’t think he’s joking now.

“You are the emperor, Perez, does it make sense that the emperor stays somewhere other than the imperial palace?”

“I’m going to go to and from work. It is said that government affairs are seen in the imperial palace, but they come back here at night.”

“It’s impossible to split your time like that while being so busy, Perez.”

“Tia did.”

I was speechless.

“You came to the imperial palace, attended meetings, and then came back to work on Lombardi’s business.”

That’s true.

“Even so.”

When I tried to ask back, Perez’s finger gently rubbed the back of my hand.

“Just for a year. Yes?”

“One year…?”

“Yes. After that, I will do whatever Tia wants.”

Perez said, tilting his head slightly.

It was morning, so his bangs that fell comfortably were gentle accordingly.

And ruby-like eyes, which seemed harmless in the world, were waiting for my answer.

“If it’s only one year…”

I murmured blankly without realizing it.

No, calm down.

I can’t fall for the beauty world.

However, my mind, which had returned slightly, was shaken again by the following words.

“It’s because I’m worried about Tia.”

“Are you worried about me?”

“Yes. In the future, your body will become heavier and more uncomfortable. I should be by your side.”

That’s true.

Now that I am in the early stages of my pregnancy, there is no problem, but in the future, going back and forth between imperial palace and Lombardi will become increasingly burdensome.

“Why don’t you do as Your Majesty said?”

My father strengthened Perez’s words.

“Originally, it would be right for you to live in the empress’ palace, but it’s a special situation in many ways. It is also the nobility’s’ tradition to stay at their wife’s house after the wedding and move to their homes whenever they want.”

There was nothing wrong with what my father said.

Nobles all move in that way.

“Hmm.”

My father and Perez looked at me with gentle smiles, as if they were united.

I took turns looking at the two for a while and eventually nodded.

“Do whatever you want, Perez.”

“Thank you.”

Perez kissed the back of my hand that he was holding.