Side Story 3

If the top of Lombardi and the Pellet Corporation completely cut off the trade traffic to the South, the result was obvious.

Sushou sells grain through several tops, but of course the biggest clients are my two tops.

Broadly speaking, the Western trade was undertaken by the top of Lombardi, and the Eastern trade was undertaken by the Pellet Corporation.

Of course, Sushou will be fine if they don't sell grain to the east and west as they do now.

The profits of the entire estate will be greatly reduced, but the local people of Sushou will not boil their stomachs.

But that wasn't the picture Chanton Sushou wanted.

Just as my father wished when he built the port for Chesail, it was Chanton Sushou's desire to prosper in abundance, not just live on grain.

The same was true of Lombardi and Pellet Corporation.

Even if we don't deal with the South right now, the Lombardi family won't fall or the Pellet Corporation won't fall.

Eastern trade is difficult, but it can be done by land as before.

However, the extreme confrontation between Lombardi and Sushou was clearly a great loss for the entire Empire.

The longer the eye-contact fight between me and Chanton Sushou on both sides of the conference room, the more silent the day was.

"Stop."

Perez' short, firm words cut the tension that had been strained.

"Pellet Corporation note, bring it."

With a light hand gesture, what Perez pointed was a bunch of papers in my hand.

The details of the loss caused by the incident and the toll contract with Sushou were tied together.

When Clarivan delivered what was in my hands, Perez read it down without hesitation.

Perez, who had rubbed his forehead a couple of times with his long fingers, opened his mouth.

"In the contract, it is a violation of Sushou."

There was a sound of gulping saliva that seemed to come from the camp on the other side of me.

However, he couldn't express his dissatisfaction in front of Perez and just sighed.

"The state of Sushou will cooperate to resume operations immediately, and according to the contract, double the amount of loss to Lombardi."

"......Okay, Your Majesty."

Chanton Sushou replied politely.

But I didn't laugh.

Rather, I had to try not to make an impression.

"Suspicious."

I would rather have Chanton Sushou run wild and said, 'You can't do that, you're being unreasonable!'

No matter how loyal he is to Perez, there's a big reason for him to be pressured to defend himself and even try to protest.

But what a naive attitude.

It's like...

"The Matriarch of Lombardi."

"......yes."

I heard Perez calling me, but I couldn't look at him from Chanton Sushou.

Obviously, I am the winner of this conference.