Side Story 28

What the hell is this smell?

I pretended to cough and covered my nose and mouth first to understand the situation.

At the conference hall, where only simple refreshments were always prepared, today there were foods that could replace meals.

My favorite sandwich, my favorite tea, and my favorite cake.

I could tell at once who prepared these foods.

Normally, I would have enjoyed it happily.

"...Let's go to our seats, Craney."

The smell of the food grew stronger as I led Craney to my seat.

It was really hard work. And when I arrived at my seat, more and more food was laid out.

Craney whispered quietly so that only me could hear it.

"These are all my sister's favorite foods, right? His Majesty is very considerate."

"Yeah, you're right."

The problem is that the timing isn't very good.

I sat down in my chair, trying to breathe as shallowly as possible.

As I was holding my breath, I could hear the conversations of the nobles next to me, who had completely misunderstood this situation.

"Isn't this meaningful? A meal instead of refreshments."

"Of course, His Majesty must be speaking indirectly."

"That's right. He means you shouldn't think about going home easily today."

That's not it, you got it wrong.

I wanted to say that, but now it's hard to open my mouth.

"Sister, are you still feeling sick?"

Craney asked worriedly.

Instead of answering, I nodded and pushed the plate in front of me toward Craney using my index finger.

"But you should eat something."

"...It's okay."

Vom-, I think I'm going to vomit.

I was demonstrating superhuman patience just by bending down here and not vomiting in vain.

I looked down at the dish that gave off the stinkiest smell on the plate.

It was a sandwich containing thinly sliced ham, cheese, and apples, which was my favorite snack.

But now I don't even want to see it.

"Hmm."

As I was staring at it, I was about to get more nauseated, so I hurriedly picked up the teacup.

Fortunately, the sweet and calming scent of tea seemed to calm me down a bit.

I kept pretending to drink tea, avoiding the smell, but I felt the gaze.

It was a very stinging gaze.

Inevitably, when I looked up from the red tea water, something redder was waiting for me.

It was Perez's eyes.

'Wha- what? When did you come?'

It seemed that I didn't even know he had arrived at the conference because I was holding back the nausea.

"What are you looking at me like that?"

The guy who was originally sensitive but had a more sensitive hunch about me seemed to have quickly noticed something was wrong.