Chapter 4 -

Jasper POV - 

She is beautiful, the moment I saw her I wanted her. Not in a sexual way necessarily, but I wanted to hug her, cherish her, love her, and show her what the world had to offer. Alice was right when she said that her blood wouldn't tempt me, in fact, it seemed to block out the scent of everyone else's blood. As hesitant as I am about having a mate that is human, I cannot let her go unless she tells me to. As I'm basking in the thoughts and memories of my breathtaking mate, Edward interrupts me by telling the family he's going to Alaska to stay with our cousins to get his thirst under control. That Bella was his blood singer. 

"You should come with me Jasper," Edwards says.

"Why? Lucy's blood doesn't affect me in any negative way," I say sternly.

"Because she is human and we cannot have a human knowing about us," 

Scoffing I tell him that she is MY mate and he cannot tell me to abandon her. Walking to my bedroom, I hear Rosalie telling him that he'd better not come in the way of me and Lucy.  Smiling to myself because I know that all of my family but Edward would support me in my decision to pursue Lucy. First I want to know her as a friend before anything romantic happens. 

Seeing her again is too far away... 

Lucy POV - 

Over the next week or so, Edward was a no-show, which of course made Bella insufferable and more demanding than usual. Demanding me to tell her where Edward is, to ask the Cullens when he is coming back. But apart from that, it has been great. I am best friends with Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, and Annie, I'd say the same for Jasper but there seems to be something more with him. I feel what can only be described as a string between us and whenever we are apart for too long, I feel it tugging. Like there is a connection. 

It was a cold, wet morning, I make my way to my car in a cute, yet warm outfit. 

"Dad I'm leaving now!" I shout through the house, when I get no answer, I just carry on and decide to just text him

"Dad I'm leaving now!" I shout through the house, when I get no answer, I just carry on and decide to just text him. When I am outside I see that Bella's truck isn't there, strange, she's still in the house. 

I then see Bella's truck coming up the driveway with dad driving. 

"Dad, I can drive myself," Bella says from behind me, making me jump and slip on my ass. I laugh and slowly get myself up. 

"That's why I got the truck new tires, Lucy, Jake put some new ones on, so yours are good," Dad tells us. I thank him, kiss his cheek and make my way to my car. 

"I'll be late for dinner. I'm heading down to Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal." Dad informs us. 

"An animal?" Bella says scared but also a bit of intrigue.