Chapter 15 -

Lucy POV -
The Volturi were on their way, and all of the kings would be coming which is unusual. Carlisle told me that it was very rare for one king to leave let alone all three. Just that information made me anxious. The Denali's were gone, but I and Kate had exchanged numbers and she had been giving me tips about control over these gifts.
Considering all that has happened, I found my control very easy to manage. We discovered that I had more human qualities, I didn't really shine in direct sunlight, my eyes had faded to a lighter version of my natural eye colour and I could still sleep. To say this had perplexed Carlisle is an understatement.

Everyone was relaxing when we heard a knock on the door and quickly the Volturi were invited in.
"Ah Lucy we have heard how spectacular you are," Aro said with an almost sinister smile on his face. This worried me because the last thing I wanted was to join their coven and be used for my powers.
I looked to Carlisle to explain some things.
"It is almost like she isn't a full vampire, not only can she eat and sleep, but her eyes are basically the same colour as her human ones and she doesn't sparkle in the light," he explained. The kings looked at me and looked as if they didn't believe it. 

"Would you mind showing us?" A sombre voice said that must be Marcus. Carlisle had sat me down and told me different things about the kings, for example, how Marcus had lost his mate. 

I nodded my head and we all went outside, this proved that I barely shined and I could give them an example of my powers. 

I summoned my powers to begin with and the Kings all looked stunned. 

"Do you know what else your gifts can do?" Aro asked with a very excited look on his face

"I can create a physical shield and I threw Emmett away with some power," I stated before also showing them the shield and the throwing part, (I didn't throw Emmett, instead some rocks and stuff were thrown at me to give the kings an idea). 

"I have this feeling that my powers could be so much more, but I have no idea what that means and how much more they could grow," I say nervously

"I have this feeling that my powers could be so much more, but I have no idea what that means and how much more they could grow," I say nervously. The last thing I wanted was to become even more dangerous. 

"Any vampire with gifts will tell you that their gift became something more than they ever thought, even if it was just learning how to control it," Marcus tells me. We all went back into the house and I noticed that Cauis hadn't spoken and just stared at me. 

"Brother? What is it?" Aro asked Cauis when he also realised how quiet he had been. 

"I think I know why Lucy here is so powerful, but I'd have to check my books back at the castle," Cauis says, "There is this legend of something called 'The Chaos Witch' or 'The Scarlet Witch', they possess immense power that is unmatched and deadly. Along with their magic called 'Chaos Magic', they also have the ability to not only manipulate minds but also make anyone see their worst nightmare." When Cauis finished the room was silent.

I stare into nothing and think 'this cannot be about me' over and over again. Cauis informs me he will do some research and let me know what he discovers. I thank him and Aro begins to talk about the one thing we were all worried about. Me joining his coven. 

"I would love it if you could join our coven," Aro begins looking like a child who just got a new toy, "but if what Cauis is saying is true, then I know you could wipe out the Volturi by yourself and I am not willing to take that chance, so I will settle for being allies." He finishes surprising everyone. 

"That would be amazing, thank you," I say, grateful that Aro is not fighting me on this. 

They invite me to the castle whenever I want and we all say goodbye and watch the Kings leave. 

I let out an unneeded breath before slumping into the couch. Jasper pulls me into his side and just cuddles me...

I thought facing the Volturi would be the hardest thing I'd have to do, but no, much more was coming our way.