Chapter 7 -

Lucy POV -

Things have been going smoothly. They seemed to be on the up. The pack and Jasper were getting along great. Surprisingly Paul and Jasper got along really well. Jasper had started giving the pack tips on how to catch and kill vampires. 

Embry had shifted not long ago, which surprised everyone because people had no idea who his father was. Embry took to Jasper rather quickly. However, Victoria was still on the loose. 

Now, my home situation is a little different. Bella had not been screaming in the night anymore, but she was hanging out with Jacob Black. This only started because dad had threatened to send her back to mum if she didn't sort herself out. I was worried about this because Jacob had not long turned 16, Bella is 18. She seems to be fixated on Jacob. I know she is using Jacob because with the crush he has on her, he will give her the attention she craves. 

I tended to stay away from Bella and whatever she was doing. Bella also had no idea that Jasper was still here. 

Jasper wanted to take me to the movies for a date. So on Saturday, I got ready and got into my car to meet him at the cinema. 

"Hi gorgeous," Jasper greets me with a kiss

"Hi, handsome," 

We walk to get our tickets and food when we spot Bella, Jacob, and Mike. Me and Jasper look at each other in panic, and before we can decide what to do, Bella turned around and saw Jasper. The look on her face was kinda terrifying. Before she can storm up to us, we dash into the room that our movie was in. 

"What are we going to do?" I ask Jasper. 

"I don't know darlin," 

Much to our surprise, Bella, and the two boys walked in. Bella sees us and gives us an angry look. The movie starts and the boys spent their time trying to get Bella's attention. Bella on the other hand was just staring at me and Jasper. We decided to leave early. But of course, nothing goes our way. 

Mike had run out to vomit and Bella and Jacob followed him. Before we could sneak out, Bella stormed up to us and pushed me. 

"Why are you still here?" She demanded. I get my bearings and notice that Jacob had joined us. 

"It's none of your business," I say back to her.

"It is my business. Edward left me. Why do you get to be happy?" 

I roll my eyes at her. "Get over yourself Bella. Jasper stayed because he loves me. We didn't tell you because we knew how insane you'd go. You hate me being happy."

I see Jacob with a shocked look on his face as if he cannot believe how Bella is acting. 

Bella slaps me and calls me a whore. I could see Jacob begin to shake. Oh shit. I share a look with Jasper and he pulls out his phone to call Sam. 

"What the hell Bella? You can't slap Lucy!" Jacob screams. 

Bella looks at Jacob in shock. 

"Yes, I can. She has been lying to me. My Edward loves me." Bella screams back. She is starting to look deranged. Jasper whispers in my ear that Sam is on his way. 

"Jacob, just go home. Bella will never change." I tell him, ignoring Bella in the back. Jacob nods and mentions that he is not feeling well. Jasper just leads me to my car and tells me he will talk to me soon. Bella of course follows me home and I just prepare myself for an explosion. 

Literally 5 seconds after I have shut my bedroom door, Bella bursts in like a mad woman. 

"HOW DARE JASPER STAY? WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT YOU? YOU'RE UGLY, FAT, AND A WASTE OF SPACE. ME? I'M BEAUTIFUL, FUNNY, AND IRRESISTIBLE. BREAK UP WITH JASPER OR I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL." She finished her rant with another slap which caused me to smack my head into the corner of my desk. With a satisfied look, she walks out. I am left with a bruise forming on my cheek and blood coming down my face because of me hitting my head on the desk. 

I make my way downstairs to clean my cut and get something cold to put on my cheek. As I am doing this, I can't help but start to cry. I am not terrified about what Bella may do next. 

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see my dad standing there in his uniform. Guess he just got off shift. I hear him gasp at the sight of me and he rushed to me. 

"What happened?" He says in a tone that was demanding. 

"Bella found out about Jasper and threatened to ruin my life if I didn't break up with him," I cry to him. I see a look of anger wash over his face. He takes over cleaning my cut. 

"It doesn't look like it needs stitches," he begins, "Lucy, I want you to stay at Jaspers or Sams for a little bit. It is clearly not safe for you here. I'll call your mother in the morning and we'll decide what to do with Bella." I nod my head and get my phone out and call Jasper. 

After I tell him what had happened, I could tell he and the major were fighting for control. Jasper was still at the pack house so the others, (including Jacob who had just shifted back) heard. This caused Jacob and Paul to shift and howl in anger. Sam came onto the phone and told me I could stay with Emily and himself, they had a spare room and I could sleep there. I thanked him and Jared said he'd come and pick me up. I relay all that to dad and he was fine with it. He comes upstairs with me to help me pack, and so I wouldn't be alone. 

By the time I am done, Jared is here and as I am walking to his car, dad pulls me into a hug and profusely apologised for Bella's actions. I assure him that he was not at fault in any way. We said our goodbyes and Jared took me to Sams. 

Jasper grabs me and holds me before looking me over. When he sees my injuries the major takes over. 

"Major, honey," I get his attention, "give Jasper control back and go and hunt. I'm safe here." I coax him. Jasper finally regains control and goes hunting. 

Emily guides me into her home where Paul and Jacob see me. They take their turns hugging me and checking me over, which I allow because I know it will help calm them. I can see that Jacob's crush on Bella is 100% gone. 

I am led up to my temporary room and left to my own devices. As if I thought things couldn't get anyworse.