Chapter 6 -

Lucy POV -

Months went by and Bella wasn't any better. She sat in front of her window and screaming in the night. I ended up spending a few nights a week at Jasper's to get some decent sleep. I had talked to dad about either getting Bella help or sending her to mum. He thought that would make him a bad father, and I have had to explain that he'd be doing the best thing for Bella and himself. He had thought about it and was getting closer to sending her to mum.

Me and Jasper would speak every day but still hadn't planned a day for him to meet the pack. Speaking of the pack, every time they'd get a new member, I'd meet them when they got control. So far the pack consisted of Sam, Jared, and Paul. 

When they found out who I was dating, it took Paul a lot longer to even be open to accepting him. Sam had to explain that it was like imprinting. Regardless, I got along with the pack pretty well, especially Emily, Sam's imprint. Emily had even told me that if I needed somewhere to get a decent night's sleep, I could come to hers and Sam's... 

Christmas had come and gone, it was now the new year and I was planning what I'd do after High School... Bella was still as catatonic as ever, and I was close to dragging Bella by her hair onto a plane back to mum. I was still living my life and seeing Jasper. He was planning on coming back pretty soon, back to school, back to normality. Today was the day that Jasper would be meeting the pack, and to say I am nervous is an understatement. 

"You okay?" Jasper asked me.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I reply.

"Well, they've made it clear they don't want to hurt me,"

I sigh and nod my head, we had planned to meet Sam at the treaty line so he could escort us to his house. After I finish getting ready at Jasper's, we head over to the meet-up spot. 

When we arrive, Sam is already there

"Hi Sammy," I greet him. 

"Hi, Lucy, Jasper nice to meet you," 

"Nice to meet you same, thank you for giving me a chance," Jasper says with a respectful tone. 

Sam allows us to come across and we walk to his home. I grab Jasper's hand to comfort him and myself. When we arrive at Sam and Emily's, we are greeted by Emily with a warm smile and a hug. 

"Finally nice to meet you, Jasper," Emily says also hugging him. Jasper looks at me surprised but returned the hug.

Walking into the kitchen, I see Paul and Jared eating like there was no tomorrow. I couldn't help but laugh which got their attention. 

"LUCY!" They screamed and ran up and hugged me. When our little reunion was finished, Paul and Jared instantly turned serious and looked at Jasper. 

"Jasper huh?" Jared started off.

"In the short time we have known Lucy, we see her as a sister, and if we ever find out that you've hurt her in any way, we will come after you," Paul finished. I look at them in disbelief and a little amusement.

"Seriously boys?" I question them. They just shrug and turn back to Jasper. I look behind them and see Sam and Emily looking at the boys as if they were entertainment. They clearly would be no help. 

"I would never hurt Lucy, I love her. If I did somehow hurt her, I'd give you permission to tear me apart," Jasper says with all seriousness. That seemed to shock everyone.

"That is all we wanted to hear," Jared said, they finally backed off and we all sat down in the kitchen. 

"I just noticed that Jasper doesn't smell like a vampire," Paul says. Sam and Jared agree. 

"That is probably because me and Lucy spend so much time together that our scents have almost molded together. It is a way for other Vampires to see her as more than a human that can be killed, that she is a mate," Jasper explained.

Sam had explained about how a red-headed vampire was around and they were struggling to catch her.

"Red-headed?" I question, they nod and I look at Jasper who is already looking at me. 

"What is it?" Sam asked. 

"We might know who it is," Jasper tells them. 

He explained what had happened the night they killed James. That the vampire running around could be James's mate, Victoria. They were shocked and asked if Jasper could help them catch her. Jasper instantly agreed and when the pack mentioned that Victoria was very good at getting away. Jasper explained how some vampires have gifts, Victoria's might be self-preservation. 

This helped them immensely and they agreed that Jasper would help them.

We spend the rest of the day hanging out with the pack before we leave. I cannot explain how happy I am that the pack accepts Jasper.