Chapter 10 -

Lucy POV -

When I woke up the next day, I was alone, I knew Jasper would want to hunt and change before school, but I had a feeling of dread. My anxiety only got worse as I was getting ready because I knew everything would change now that Bella knew about the Cullens. 

I put this outfit on but change the shoes for some ankle boots and make my way downstairs

I knew dad had gone into work extra early and Bella was upstairs rushing around. I decide not to have breakfast due to my anxiety instead I make myself a smoothie to go. While waiting for Jasper, Bella rushes downstairs (somehow not falling down the stairs) and leaves without saying anything, not even a mean/sarcastic remark. Just as I finished my smoothie, Jasper arrives. 

"Hi, darlin... You okay?" He asks feeling my anxiety. 

"Yeah, just insanely nervous about how everything is going to change now that Bella knows," 

"Sweetheart, even if things change, we will get through it, I promise," he says putting his hand on my thigh. I sigh and we carry on driving to school. We get out and stand with his family when Bella's truck loudly makes its appearance. How in the hell did we make it before her? 

Bella gets out of her truck and looking like she was on a mission, looks toward Edward and makes her way to the woods behind the school. Rosalie tries to stop him from following Bella, but it doesn't work. She sighs angrily and I loop my arm with hers. She smiles at me and we all make our way into the school. 

Bella POV - 

I stand in the middle of the forest knowing Edward would follow me, I know he is in love with me. I sense that Edward has followed me and I can't help but feel giddy because I know everything I have worked for is now going my way. 

"You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale-white, ice-cold. Your eyes change colour. And sometimes you speak like you're from a different time. You never eat, drink, or come out in the sunlight. And you said no to the beach trip only after you heard where it was. Because of the treaty." I say to him before thinking of something else. 

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"How long have you been seventeen?" I ask curiously. 

"A while." He says after hesitating. 

"I know what you are," 

"Say it. Say it out loud," he says in a tone that makes me feel excited. 

"Vampire."

"Are you afraid?" 

I shake my head, I could never be scared of my Edward, my one chance at being young and beautiful forever. I know he is different, he'd never hurt me, he loves me. We continue our conversation and he shows me what he looks like in sunlight. 

At home, all I can think about is Edward, about what he is. This is my chance to finally one-up my sister. She will get all old and die, but me? I will live forever and I will enjoy watching her slowly die.  I had fallen so deeply in love with Edward that nothing could take me away from him. Not my dad, not my sister, not Edward's family, and now not even death itself...