Chapter 3 -

Lucy POV -
Tonight was the night that Victoria would show back up. The pack had been notified and were ready. I was nervous but I believed in them. It was just Victoria and she would have so many people chasing her. Me and dad would stay at our house and the imprints would stay at Sam and Emily's house. All our scents would be covered by either the Cullens scents or the packs. We didn't have to worry about Bella, she was in Florida with mom. I spoke to mom and explained why I wasn't coming and she understood. We made plans for us to see each other but we didn't set a date.
Jasper and the rest of the Cullens were hunting so they could be at their strongest. I was sat in my room in Jaspers hoodie doodling. Dad was working from home so he was downstairs and I would join him later.
Hopefully Alice's vision regarding tonight wouldn't change.

Jasper POV -
Everyone was in place waiting for Victoria. It took every ounce of me to be away from Lucy. What if something happened? What if she and Charlie got hurt by Victoria or another vampire? I knew there were wolves watching, but I am still worried. Despite this, I knew me being here, hunting Victoria, was keeping Lucy and everyone safe.
We were all waiting in silence, waiting for Alice to give us the signal to go.
Looking over at Alice, I saw her glazed eyes, she was in a vision, when all of a sudden she came out of it.
"On your left," She announces, this causes everyone to run in that direction. I could see a flash of fiery red hair. Victoria is here. Looking to the side of me, I could see the wolves on their territory chasing her too. As we were closing in on her she jumped to the wolves side.
"She's on their side now," Carlisle says.
Worrying she will get away, we all push ourselves. Just as one of the wolves teeth snap close to her, she jumps back to our side.
"All ours now," Emmett says with a smirk on his face. We continue the chase and Emmett manages to grab her by the shoulders, however, all this does is give Victoria the momentum to fling him into a tree. Oh, shit. That's just going to piss him off.
I'm right, now that Emmett is pissed off, his judgement would be clouded. Victoria once again jumps to the wolves side.
"Emmett, NO!" Esme screams. Oh no, he's going in the same direction, nothing can stop him now. Never mind. A wolf intercepts Emmett and they crash into each other. This gives Victoria the opening to get away. The wolf, who I believe is Paul, now growls at a wet Emmett. After Sam commands Paul, Paul finally leaves Emmett behind.
On our way back home, Esme, Carlisle and Rosalie chastised Emmett for being so reckless. I was just pissed that Victoria was still out there. I quickly change and head over to inform Lucy and Charlie about tonight.
As soon as I ring the doorbell, the door is flung open and Lucy jumps on me hugging me.
"Are you okay? Is anyone hurt?" She hurries out. I put her worries at rest by telling her that I and everyone else are okay. She leads me into the living room where Charlie is and I sit down to tell them what had happened.
"So what happens now?" Charlie asks me.
"I'm not entirely sure. The wolves will keep up their patrols and Alice is watching Victoria's decisions. The most we can do is be vigilant and careful," I tell them. To be honest, I have no idea what we are going to do now. What I do know is that nothing will harm Lucy or Charlie.