chapter 1

Mariana Young.

in her mind , she's your typical girl.
maybe not everyone believes that's true , but she thinks so. she doesn't think anything about her is special , she doesn't have a "secret" talent , she isn't one of the popular girls that has more than one friend group , she's just her.

though , is some peoples eyes she's everything they wanna be.

"she's pretty"
"she's quiet"
"she's hot"
"i would smash"
"she doesn't talk much"
"i don't know"
"shes beautiful"
"she has a nice smile"
"she's weird and quiet"
"umm i mean , she's okay"
"she would be popular because of her looks if she talked more"
"i've never talked to her"

the typical things people say about her.

Mariana knows people talk about her , but she stays to herself. she try's not to let it bother her , though sometimes it does. because of her not asking what people say , it sometimes gets to her head and she overthinks what they could be saying.

she doesn't have many friends , one close friend at school , and Rue. though Rues a junior , Mariana doesn't see her much. she will be seeing her more often , as now she's in high school...

high school. Mariana dislikes many things but one thing she hates ? school.
she thinks it pointless , that she shouldn't have to go 14+ years in school , just to not even remember half  the things she learns.
and if you go to collage ? 4 more years of hell.
that's what it is to her , hell.
she hates the stares she gets , and how the boys are immature pricks that think they can say or do whatever they want , to whoever.
she hates how the girls are entitled bitches who think their better than everyone else.
but the main reason , she has bad anxiety. and being around that many people for 7-8 hours , makes it even worse.

-
Marianas pov:

i pushed my way through the hall ways as i tried to exit school , but due to people being slow walkers and taking their sweet time , i was having trouble.

i ignored all the stares i was getting as i finally made it out the school doors , seeing everyone split and go different directions.

"hey mar." i heard my friend , Rues voice behind me.

"oh , hi Rue." i answered , turning my attention to her.

as i walked closer to her , just so i didn't have to talk to loud , i got stares.

"what are you doin today ?" she asked me.

"uhh nothing , i don't think. why ?" i looked up at her.

"yo , she's fine."
"nah , she hangs with a drugie bro."
i heard two boys talking about me , and Rue.

i looked at them , causing them to turn.

i sighed , grabbing Rues arm and walking more off the schools property.

"just wondering , i'll see you later." she nodded her head at me , walking off.

"okay.." i mumbled , walking towards my house.

don't get me wrong , i HATE school , but i also don't like being home. so for me i can't win , i hate being at school and home and that's the only two places i go.

i sighed as i saw my house , walking closer to it.

i walked in , being met with custer.

"where you been ?"

i gave him a look , i don't.. not like him i guess. but he's just always here , doing things for my dad. it's honestly sad.

"school." i nodded , going to my room.

i closed my door , trying to block out the loud rap music and talking i heard.

my house was rarely ever quiet , my dad always has his little friends here , and they talk very loud. or there's music playing , loud rap music.

"you gon be at home today ?" i heard my dad ask as my door opened.

"yeah." i answered , looking over at him.

"alright." he said , walking out.

i groaned as i stood up , closing my door behind him.

this is why i hate not having friends. but i also feel likes there's pros and cons of having friends , at least a lot of them. when you have friends , you have people to hangout with , but there's also that chance of them being fake and using you or something along those lines , but not having friends ? you're basically forced to stay home.

don't get me wrong , i have friends. two.
but rues a junior , and a drug addict. not that i car about her addiction , i don't. but she's rarely EVER sober , so it's like hanging out with.. i don't even know. and my other friend , brielle. she has other friends she's always with.

i got up , deciding i could just go walk around or see if rues busy.

"where you goin ?" my dad stopped me.

"just walking around." i answered , avoiding eye contact.

"don't be out late." he said , stern.

i nodded , thinking that was it.

"oh , tomorrow i have some business to take care of , alright ? so if i'm not here when you get home from school , don't be goin anywhere." he finished.

"business." i always think it's funny when he says that , he thinks i don't know what his "business" actually is.

"okay." i replied , making my way to the front door.

"bye" custer waved at me , he's still here ?

i have him a small nod , before quickly going out the door so i wasn't stopped again.

i walked down the street with my hands in my hoodie pocket , letting the cold wind hit my body and face.

AUTHORS NOTES.

hi

i have some ideas i might use for the next couple chapters , but if you have any go ahead and comment them pls !!

💗