chapter 20

new years.

new years was tonight , midnight.

there's a party tonight , everyone's going.. including fez and ashtray. so i'm going too.

the only thing is.. i don't know if i'm going with brielle. i want to , but i can't make up my mind if i want to stay close with her or tell her how i feel , how i hate that i'm always her last option.

maybe today wouldn't be the right day to do that , so i'll wait.. until i grow balls and can actually tell her.

making my way home , i call fezcos house home now. i might as well , it's where i live.

i pulled out my phone , typing a message to brielle.

                                         brielle
mariana
hey , wanna go to the nye party together ?

my finger went over the "send" button many times , but i didn't send it. it felt like i was begging her to stay friends with me , it was obvious she didn't want to hangout , she has other friends , who she always chooses first , so i'll stick with going with ashtray.

"hey" i flashed a closed lipped smile at ashtray , sitting beside him on the couch.

"yo." he replied , turning to look at me.

we had HOURS until the party , so to kill time i'll just watch tv with ashtray.

-

time arrived , ashtray said we had to do some "business" before the party.

i knew that meant something involving drugs , my dad used to say that.

i picked my green dress to wear , it's a dark green.. almost like viridian , i like it.

finishing my makeup , ashtray walked in.
"yo you ready-."

he stood looking at me , making me nervous if that was a good or bad thing.

"what ?.." i asked , filling the silence and putting my makeup up.

"you look good , ma." i didn't raise my head up for a second , that made me get all nervous and happy inside.

"thank you." i let out , making sure not to look him in the face.

"yo , y'all ready ?" fez yelled out from the living room , making me hurry and walk in there , with ashtray following me.

i have fez a nod , saying that we were ready.

"alright , let's go." me and ashtray followed fez out the door , me sitting in the backseat and him sitting in the front seat.

before fez could drive off , "yo !" rue.

ashtray let out a groan , rolling his eyes at the sight of her.

"aye , where y'all goin ? the new year's eve party ?" she asked , walking to the other side of the back seat and getting in.

fez shook his head , driving off.

-

halfway to wherever we were going , rue decided to become some kinda rapper.

first off , fuck yo bitch and the click you claim
west side when we ride come equipped with game
you claim to be a player but i fucked yo wife
we bust on bad boys . fucked for life

"yo it's- it's up here on the right." ashtray spoke , telling fez where to go.

hearing a gun noise , i looked back up.
oh okay so ashtrays holding a gun..

kinda attractive... okay.

rue paused , snorting a line of whatever pill she had in her pocket.

plus puffy tryin ta see me weak hearts i rip
biggie smalls and junior mafia some mark ass bitches
we keep on comin while we runnin for yo jewels
steady gunnin keep on bustin at them fools , you know the rules

she said "rules" louder than the rest of the words , before sitting back into the seat and doing another line , before quickly mumbling the words again.

lil ceaser go ask ya homie how i leave ya
cut your young ass up , leave you in pieces , now be deceased
lil kim don't fuck around with real gs
quick to snatch ya ugly ass off the streets , so fuck peace
i let them . know it's on for life
so let the westside ride tonight
bad boy murdered on wax and killed
fuck wit me and get yo caps peeled , you know , see

she paused , hitting my arm like that meant to sing along with her. bur ashtray looked very irritated with her , i didn't want him to be with me too , so i let her solo this one.

when rue continued singing , ashtray and fez shared a look which made me look at rue at chuckle , i think this is funny but i guess ashtray doesn't.

grab ya glocks, when you see tupac
call the cops, when you see tupac, uh
who shot me, but ya punks didn't finish
now ya bout to feel the wrath of a menace
. we hit em up

"yo can you tell her to shut the fuck up ?!" ashtray i guess had finally had it was her singing.

i watched rue make a face at ashtray , making me almost laugh but i held it in.

"yeah , rue you gotta chill out back there for real."

i turned my face to the window , finding this way funnier than it was.

"me and ash gotta handle some serious business right now."

i turned my head to her , feeling her hit me in the head with her arms.

"yeah , no i could do that."
"i could just stay back here.. it's real comfy."

i laughed , making ashtray glare at me.

we pulled into an apartment complex , seeing custer and a girl standing next to him.

the girl waved , she seemed nice.

"who the fuck is this bitch ?" oh..

"yo !"
"who the fuck is this man ?"
"hi ! i'm faye."
"what is she doin here ?"

custer pulled fez away , so i couldn't hear what they were saying anymore.

ashtray seems very serious , it made me feel like i had to be cautious and serious too , so i was.

me and rue turned around , watching custer tell fez something before walking back over to the car.

"faye ! in the car."
"okay..."

she got in the car , making rue be in the middle.

"10-20 minutes tops , alright ?"
"y'all just please stay in the car."
"no fuckin funny business."
fez spoke to us , i just gave him a nod.

"let's go." ashtray got out the car , giving me a look before walking with fez and custer.

AUTHORS NOTES.

continuing !

also let's pretend ashtray killing mouse and the nye party wasn't in the same episode 🧍‍♀️

.