chapter 2

i never ended up calling Rue , deciding that even if i did she could be busy , or just not answer.

so instead , i sat down and pulled out the little weed i had.

where did i get it from ? my dad. well.. i took it from him. he doesn't know i have it , or that i smoke. i don't know how he would react if he did know , but i honestly doubt he would care since he's.. well him.

i started smoking a little over a year ago , with Rue.
though i don't think i NEED it all the time , but sometimes i do. mainly when my anxiety's bad , it calms me and makes me feel relaxed.

i put the pre-rolled blunt out , after it was too small to take another hit. and got up , heading back to my house.

i was met with my dad , and a couple of his friends.

i sighed , knowing they would stop me to say whatever they had to say.

"looks who it isss" one of them spoke , causing the rest to turn to me.

i gave a small smile , trying to hurry this up.

"damn , you've grown up." another spoke , causing the rest to laugh a little.

i nodded , not finding it funny at all.
i looked at my dad , honestly annoyed with how his little friends were always here.

i quickly pushed past them when they turned to talked to each other again , letting on a breathe as i finally reached my room.

-

that was last night.

today , time felt so slow , my feet were dragging through the halls every time i went to my next period.

but after 8 hours , schools finally over.

"heyyy" i heard my friends voice , oh Brielle.

"hi." i replied , feeling her throw her arm around my shoulder.

"so today , ariana and her friends told me to help them set up a party , oh are you invited to that party ? it's in like.. 3 days.." she went on ranting about what happened today , and just recently.

don't get me wrong , i love Brielle. but she's one of those blonde girls who talk way too much sometimes , and most the time what they said doesn't even make sense. the ones who aren't VERY popular but has a good amount of friends.

she reminds me of the girls who will come to a new school and start talking to the main character a lot , in movies. like heather , in speak 2004.

"uh.. no i wasn't invited , Bri." i stopped her ranting , and my headache started to form.

"oh.. i'm sorry ! you should totally come anyway." she smiled , nodding her head really fast.

i gave her a nod , even though i wasn't gonna go to a party i wasn't invited to. that's weird.

"sure.. see you later." i gave her a small smile , trying to walk away.

"bye mar !" she basically yelled , causing some people to turn and look at us.

"oh my god." i mumbled , hurrying off , heading home.

i pulled out my phone , sending Rue a message to see if she's free today.

but she didn't answer before i got home , as expected.

"oh." i mumbled , reaching my house and seeing my dad and custer about to leave.

i walked up , making them turn to me.

"hi" custer nodded his head at me , to which i returned.

"we're about to leave , i gotta go handle some business." my dad spoke.

"again ?" i questioned , he does this all the time , but i just wanted to question him.

he squinted his eyes , "it's business, mariana."

i nodded , "okay.. are you gonna be there long ?"

usually i don't ask this many questions , he'll tell me he's leaving and i'll say okay , but i want to know what he'll say if i do question him about it.

he shrugged , "i don't know. but don't answer the door for anybody , and don't leave this house , alright ?"

i nodded , "bye." i waved at both of them as they got in a car.

i walked in my house , the smell of weed hitting my nose. that was a normal thing , that's like the scent of my house.

i reached my room , changing into sweatpants since i would be home all day and i didn't want to be wearing jeans. after , i sat down and looked over my walls , more specifically.. everything i had on my walls.

i had pictures of some polaroids i took , pictures of my mom and i when i was younger , etc.

i was always closer with my mom , i even got her last name. but that didn't last long , she left or something when i was 4 , i haven't seen her since.
anytime i would ask my dad about it he got all pissy and told me i didn't need to worry about it , even though it is my mom.
so for years i've been wondering what actually happened to her , because basically everyone that comes around here knows , but me.
i don't wanna think that she died , buts that's probably what happened.
or maybe she didn't like that my dad was a dealer ? so she left him , and me too.

i pulled myself out of my thoughts , turning on netflix and laying down.

-

however , almost 5 hours later and my dad wasn't back. or custer.

i jumped up as i heard loud banging at the door.
what the fuck ?

i walked fast to the front door , looking through the peep hole i saw custer , holding his nose and looking scared.

"custer ?" i asked , now getting freaked out.

"where's my dad ?" i asked him , not giving him enough time to speak after he pushed his way into the house.

AUTHORS NOTES.

ha cliffhanger