chapter 13

after spending the day with rue , i felt myself feeling sick and my head was pounding every second.

it was obvious the drugs i had been doing , was effecting me and my body. i wasn't gonna do that anymore , i didn't want to end up being an addict or something happening , im doing it because of the whole thing that happened.

so instead , i'm gonna try and get over it , not turn to drugs. it's not right.

my heart was currently throbbing , i had a hand holding it as if that would help , obviously it wasn't.

i was sitting in the living room of fezs house , alone. him and ashtray are at the store , i didn't want to go because i don't feel like that's the best option.

i wanted to talk to ashtray , i wanted to ask him so many questions but i also couldn't , i don't think i should.

but i would do anything other than sit here with my head pounding , so of course i stood up and made my way to the store.

i didn't know how to go about this whole thing , in serious situations i just make jokes to cover up to fact it's really bothering me , so maybe that's what i'll do. who's knows.

i hate that i have a huge heart , that i forgive the people i shouldn't. because , i want to forgive ashtray. and i shouldn't , not for this. but i don't want to completely give up on him , because before i seen myself with him , in a relationship.

i believe there's something good about him , aside from all of this. i just haven't seen it yet , and if i give up on him i'll never get the chance to.

i bit my nails , thinking of every single way this could go.

i knew ashtray doesn't trust me , and now i don't trust him as much as i would've.

so talking , asking questions and trying to move past everything may be difficult.

the sight of fezcos store made me nervous , i started walking slower and started overthinking if i should turn around while i have the chance.

but i kept walking , reaching the store.
i took a deep breathe before opening it , being met with fezco himself.

i gave a small smile , i wanted him to know i wasn't ever mad at him , more just disappointed but i shouldn't have been , i didn't know them. and i moved in with them after ashtray did what he did.

"hey kid." he smiled , raising his eyebrows.
i think he's surprised i smiled at him.

"hi.. is ashtray back there ?" i got straight to the point , wanting to ease the awkwardness.

he furrowed his eyebrows , looking at me like i was insane. "ashtray ?"

i nodded , slowly.

"yeah." he seemed unsure saying this , but he pointed to the freezers anyway.

"thanks." i said before making my way to the freezers.

i knew ashtray could probably hear me , because when i used to sit back here with him i could hear the people that came in.

i opened the door , making ashtrays head turn fast towards me.

meeting eyes with him , my whole body got hot. i was insanely nervous.

"hi." i said , not knowing how to start this.

he squinted his eyes , "what are you doin here ?"

i sighed , sitting down in front of him. i was now closer , maybe i should've stayed standing.

"i wanna ask you a question. or a few."

he looked at me , like he was reading me.
after a couple seconds he nodded , as if he was saying i could ask.

"okay." i let out , sighing as i did so.

"the night.. that i came to live with you , was that the night that you.." i paused , not wanting to just flat out say "the night you killed my dad"

"the night you did what you did.. to my dad." i finished , deciding it was a better choice.

he leaned back in his chair , and nodded.

so i was right , that's why it smelt like chemicals.

i had another question i wanted to ask , i know it happened at their house. and i wanted to know where , because it smelt like chemicals in the living room.. where i slept. but if i asked and he told me it was the living room , i would probably have nightmares.

i took a long pause , thinking of what i should ask him and how.

"why did you do it ?" i asked another question i was wondering , i did want to know the other one. but i was saving myself.

"i didn't like the way he did business , i was protecting fez."

the first part , pissed me off. you kill someone because you don't like the way they do business ?

but protecting fez , is more understanding.. i guess.

"okay." i decided not to ask any more questions , but i didn't want to leave just yet.

he kept his eyes on me , even though i was sitting there not saying anything.

"i don't know if trusting custer with that is the best idea." i let out my thoughts , wanting to tell him that.

i was upset and disappointed he did it , but i haven't even told the cops. custer on the other hand , he could.

"and trusting you is ? you're his daughter." he squinted his eyes , making me feel stupid.

"and yet i'm still here."

-

ashtray took that sentence in , hearing it over and over again in his mind.

she was right , he did what he did , to her dad. and she was still there , talking to him like she didn't hate him.

i'm all honestly he thought she hated him , since she had been avoiding him and barely even looking at him before , but know.. he doesn't know.

the girl was like mysterious , he felt.
he didn't know much about her , he didn't know how she felt about him. most of the time he can know how people feel without them telling him , just because most of the time it's obvious.
but with her , he can't.

it annoys him , but he also likes it.

or maybe he just likes her.

AUTHORS NOTES.

i'm okay ! thanks for asking ❤️ it was my stomach , but i'm better now

it was my stomach , but i'm better now.

also sorry i haven't been updating , i had not time.

and 2k reads ! that's almost like 2 thousand reads 😀 (credits: christopher sturniolo 🫶🏼)

and #1 on the ashtray# , insane.

💝