chapter 10

"did you have fun at the party ?" brielle asked me , walking up to me in the halls.

i nodded , turning to look at her.

brielle always dressed to impress. she wore nice outfits and did her makeup , always.

"that's good !" she said , getting closer to me.

"so what are you doing this weekend ?" she asked , throwing her arm around my shoulder as we walked down the hall.

"i don't know , nothing probably."

"what ?! we should totally do something , let me think." she said , before pausing and "thinking"

"well , laina's throwing a party , but she's kinda rude. umm , ooo i could throw one !" she said , getting loud.

"brielle , is partys the only thing you find fun ?" i asked , that's what she suggests we do EVERY TIME.

"well no.. but it's like the only cool thing to do. i mean , what else could we do ?" she asked.

"i don't know , but we don't have to go to a party. their not that fun.." i told her , truthfully i dork enjoy partys much,

"what ?! they're so fun !" she removed her arm from around my shoulder.

i shook my head , continuing to walk.

"i don't know , we'll figure something out. see you later mar !" she yelled , walking off down the hall.

-

hours passed , i pushed my way through the halls so i could finally leave.

i missed rue , and brielle. i didn't see them no where , do i walked straight to fez's store.

before i got there , i pulled out my phone to text my dad once again. i knew he probably wasn't gonna answer , because he hasn't in a month. but i still wanted to try.

i pushed open the store door , not seeing fez where he usually stands.

"it's the least you could do man."
"ight bruh."
"how long is she gonna be staying with us anyway ?"
"i don't know , she has no where else to go."
"she doesn't have other family members ?"
"i don't know , but it doesn't matter.. you did it , we have to look after her."
"ight."

i took a step back , did what ? we're they talking about me ?

"when are you gonna tell her ?" ashtray spoke again.

"i'm not." fez said , by the way his voice sounded he seemed tired , or worried.

"you're just gonna let her wonder ? what if she finds out ?" ashtray asked him.

"how would she ? custer isn't gonna tell her."

tell me what ??

"alright bro. i'm just sayin , she could find out."

i hurried out the store , deciding i didn't want them to know i just heard them talking , hopefully the didn't hear the door close.

i walked down the street , trying to put two and two together.

"find out." , "you did it.", "she has no where else to go." that made so sense , i was fine at home.

"she has no other family members ?"

other family members.

other , as in other than my dad.

i stopped in my tracks , my mind going to the worst.
my heart dropped , in that moment only one thing was in my mind.