chapter 12

"what the hell happened to you ?" rue asked , pushing her hair out of my face and walking next to me.

"nothing." i shrugged , lying straight through my teeth.

"oh- sorry i didn't answer your call yesterday." she said , slinging her arms in the air.

"it's okay." i said , looking at her.

she wasn't at all sober , which was normal now.
she wasn't ever really sober , and for me i could tell so i don't know how jules believes her when she says she is.

"you still staying with fez ?" she asked me , throwing her arm over my shoulder and making me walk weird.

"yeah." i didn't want to bring up the whole thing , but of course she does.

"mm. wanna hang with me today ?"

i was surprised , rue never asks to "hang" so i feel like this is the key word for asking "wanna follow me around all day" in shorter form.

"yeah." i answered anyway , maybe it won't be what i think , and i don't wanna be around ashtray all day long , again.

or maybe it wasn't that i didn't want to be around him , it was more of i didn't want to be reminded that the guy i like killed my dad.

i looked over at rue , sending her put something in her mouth and quickly looking up to the sky.

i assume it was a pill.

-

eventually we reached her house , i've only been her like twice , and not for very long.

"rue , oh hi mariana."

"hi leslie." i smiled at her , as she stopped me and rue.

she looked like she wanted to talk to rue , but instead she just gave her a look and moved out of the way so we could walk.

"parents." rue mumbled , sighing after.

"does she still drug test you ?" i asked , watching rue plop down on her bed.

"nope." she said , rolling over and grabbing a tray.

"really ? why'd she stop ?" i remember rue always telling me , well complaining , about her moms constant drug tests.

"i don't know." she shrugged , smashing whatever it is was on her tray.

i nodded , laying down next to her on her bed.

i watched her snort whatever it was she had previously smashed down on the tray , before wiping her nose and laying her head down very aggressively next to mine.

"so , why are you staying with fez ? actually."

i froze , before i didn't know the answer so i couldn't answer it , but now i did. i could obviously tell her the truth but i didn't want that to mess up her and fezs relationship , if it would , i don't know.

"i don't know." i answered , deciding i shouldn't tell her the real reason.

she hummed in response , sitting up and repeating what she had just done.

she put her nose down to the rolled dollar , before pausing and turning to me.

she gave me a look , asking "you wanna ?" without actually asking.

i sat up , smiling a little at her face , she always makes a face when in a situation like this.

i leaned over the tray , putting my nose close to the dollar bill and snorted the line of whatever it was.

this was my second time doing this , with rue. both time i didn't know what it was , i don't really think that matters , i shouldn't be doing it at all.

she chuckled a little , watching me lean my head back and wipe my nose.

i threw my head back , letting it set in my body as rue didn't the same a few seconds after.

we sat in silence , before i thought about something and laughed to myself. me and rue have something in common , our dads our dead. it's not funny , but in this moment the only thing i could do was laugh about it.

"what ?" she chuckled , not even knowing what i was laughing at.

"it's just kinda funny.." i said before pausing , i wasn't in the right mind right now , but i didn't want to say this the wrong way.

"my dads dead." i said , barely above a whisper.

she was silent , making me turn my head to her.

"yo.. really ?" she asked , laughing a little like she was nervous.

"yeah. that's what happened to me , you know earlier when you asked."

she nodded , her lips forming a line. she was like speechless , i made it awkward.

"i'm fine though." i added , wanting to ease the awkwardness.

"you sure ?" she chuckled a little , turning her body to me.

"yeah , he wasn't the best dad , you know ? but it's just the fact he was the only parent left , and now.. i'm on my own." i sighed , finally letting out how i actually felt.

i probably wouldn't remember this , neither would rue, so i'm fine with saying it.

"like recently ?"

"a month ago." hopefully she would remember that a month ago i started staying with fez , and out two and two together. i doubt she will.. it's rue we're talking about.

"damn mar.." she hit my shoulder , smiling at sitting up.

i laughed , way to intoxicating to realize i was laughing about my dad.. my dads death.

AUTHORS NOTES.

hi guys 😀
i'm at the ER , how are y'all doin ?

.