chapter 33

again , the days are going by slow and boring

every school day , and every hour after it.

but besides that , me and lexi have me talking a lot recently. her and fezco have also been texting and calling quite a lot , i find it really cute that fezcos crushing on her. even if he won't admit it , he is.

i haven't seen rue much though, she's been around her new friend , elliot. and jules , i think the three hangout all together but i don't know most the time she tells me she's with elliot.

i don't know , maybe it's better for her to have a new friend. i don't know elliot well , i've only met him once and seen him in the hallways , but he seems nice , hopefully he's a good friend to rue.

buttt , back to lexi. her and i are hanging out today.

"lexiiii" i smiled once i saw her in the hallway.

"hey mar." she smiled back , giving me a hug.

"how are you ?" i like that she asked that almost every time she saw me.

"i'm okay , how are you ?" i feel like lexi doesn't get asked that much.

"i'm good , so do you still want to hangout today ?"

we walked next to each other down the hall.

"yeah." i kept my head low , not because of any particular reason just because i've literally always done that.. maybe it's anxiety ? who knows.

"we have to wait for cassie.." she told me , both of us reaching her car.

"okay."

eventually cassie came out of the school and made her way to us , she looked.. panicked ? like stressed or something i don't know.

"oh- hey mariana." she smiled at me , opening the passenger door.

"hey cassie." i returned the smile , opening the back door of the car.

"so uh , since when do you two hangout ?" she asked me and lexi.

"uh.. a little bit ago." lexi answered.

why does it seem like they are awkward ? they're sisters....

"oh." cassie replied , going on her phone.

"why ?" lexi kept the conversation going as i just listened.

"i don't know , i just never see y'all together." cassie kept her eyes on her phone screen , texting someone who i assume is maddy.

"oh." lexi answered , turning up the radio to fill the silence.

i pulled out my phone , starting to scroll on instagram until we got there.

-

"hey !" suze yelled as me , cassie and lexi walked in the house.

"oh- hey ! you're mariana , right ?" suze stood up from the couch , coming over to me.

"mom." lexi said from behind me.

"what ? this is my first time meeting her." suze replied to her , giving me hug which i returned.

"how are you , hunny ?" she pulled away from the hug.

"i'm okay.. how are you ?" i asked , taking a step back.

"i'm good hunny." she nodded , making her way back to the couch.

lexi grabbed me wrist , pulling me up the stairs.

"you two have fun !" suze yelled from downstairs.

i smiled to myself , as lexi shook her head and walked into her room.

"uh- you okay cass ?" lexi asked , seeing cassie typing really fast on her phone.

"i'm fine lexi."

lexi nodded , turning to me and then sitting down on her bed.

"soo" i spoke , me sitting next to her.

eventually we came up with something to talk about , to start a conversation. and we talked , letting time pass.

"sooo , do you like fez ?" i smirked , i knew i was gonna bring him up sometime.

she smiled , shaking her head. "i don't know , he's nice."

"fezco ?" cassie chimed in , sitting up.

"uhhh.." i turned to lexi , not knowing why cassie was acting like that was a problem.

"yeah... you know , rues friend." lexi answered her.

"i know who he is lexi. you like him ?" i kept quiet.

"no- i mean i don't know.. why do you care ?" lexi squinted her eyes , staring at her sister.

cassie looked almost nervous , laying back down on her bed. "i- i don't."

"then why are you asking ?" lexi kept going.

"because.. you know , he beat up nate , lexi."

the fuck does that matter ????

"so ?.. nate's not a good person cass." lexi answered her.

i nodded my head , agreeing with lexi.

"fezco isn't either." why the hell is she getting so defensive over nate ?

lexi shook her head , turning back to me.

"uh.. like i said , i don't know. he's nice , but i don't know him that well." she said , referring to my question.

"mm , you talk to him a lot." i chuckled , seeing her get red.

"yeah.. maybe mar." she smiled , making me smile in return. i have to be fez and lexis biggest shipper.

i turned my head to cassie , seeing her still typing on her phone.. okay maybe she isn't texting maddy. it could be that one guy , mckay ? i haven't seen him in awhile. wait , didn't they break up ? fuck , who knows.

-

"bye !" i said , closing lexis car door as she dropped me off.

"bye mar !" she smiled , waiting for me to go in the house.

"yo- is that lexi ?" fez opened the door.

"yeah." i smirked , walking inside.

he waved at her , closing the door and then turning to me. "you two friends or some shit ?"

"yeah." i nodded , walking to the living room.

"we talked about you." i told him , sitting next to ashtray.

"hi." i said to ash , as fezco was now sitting next to me.

"why'd y'all talk about me ?.. what'd y'all talk about ?" he asked , making me laugh at how nervous he was.

"about your huge crush on her." i lied.

he squinted his eyes , "that's low man."

i chuckled , "i'm kidding , i asked if she likes you."

"who ?" ashtray joined in the conversation.

"lexi." i answered.

"what'd she say , mar ?" fezco asked.

"that one chick that you're always talking to ?" ashtray asked fez.

he rolled his eyes , "mhm."

"she said she doesn't know" i answered.

"oh , ight." he nodded , sitting back on the couch.

"mans whipped." ashtray mumbled , making me smile.

AUTHORS NOTES.

sorry i've been gone for like a week , i seriously don't know what to write anymore 😭 but here's lexi and mariana 🙏🙏

.