chapter 17

honestly things weren't that bad for me at the moment , i was figuring out how i felt about ashtray , school was still a pain in the ass but i can't really do anything about that , and brielle wasn't completely forgetting me and her are friends like she used to.

i felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulder , walking out the school doors with me.

"hey ! wanna come to my house ?" it was brielle.

"uh.. sure." i wasn't used to this , me and her hanging out like this.

she smiled , before ranting about things like she usually does.

"oooo you know what ? we could swim !" she said , as we reached her house and was in her room now.

"bri.. it's kinda cold outside." i squinted my eyes , she was dead serious and i was confused on why.

"so ? loosen up mar !" she said , playfully slapping my arm and then dragging me outside.

"seriously ?" i asked , watching her take off her shoes and socks.

"yes ! cmon." she said , pointing to my shoes.

i furrowed my eyebrows , but nonetheless took off my shoes and socks.

"let's just jump in.. you ready ?" she smiled , grabbing my hand as we were at the edge of her pool.

"this is gonna be so cold." i mumbled , looking over at her.

"1.. 2... 3... jump !" she yelled , still having a firm grip on my hand , i went with her.

"holy shit. this is so cold." i breathed out , hugging myself so i could be warm.

she laughed , "but it was fun.. right ?"

"i guess." i was lying to myself , this is really fun.

i was having fun with her , and we weren't at a party. this is a first.

we both started swimming around , i felt like a little kid again , it felt good.

"so.. you have a crush on anyone ?" she spoke up , floating in the water.

i thought about for a minute , deciding if i should lie to her or tell her the truth.
"yeah."

"what ?! who is it ?" she stopped floating , now standing staring at me.

i chuckled a little , "he doesn't go to our school."
that way she knew , she didn't know who he was.

"well.. what's his name ?" she smiled

"ash." saying his full name would probably make the conversation weird.

she raised her eyebrows , "does he know you have a crush on him ?"

i shook my head , "no.."

she rolled her eyes , "you only live once mar. you should tell him !"

i shook my head , she doesn't know it's A LOT deeper than that.

"i don't know.." i wanted to , i wanted him to know my feelings for him. but i was scared , so many things could go wrong.

"girl.. you will live ? no matter if he likes you back or not , life's short !" she sounded like a preacher , she was definitely speaking off the top of her head.

"do you have a crush on anyone ?" i changed it to her , not knowing how to answer to what she told me.

"nope." she smiled.

i nodded , laying on my back so i could float.

"but seriously mar , you should tell this ash guy ! you never know , he could be your future boyfriend." she smirked at me.

"yeah.. maybe." maybe. just maybe.

-

eventually we had got out of the pool and laid on the ground , air drying.

my phone went off , i grabbed it reading a unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
yo
where you at ?

i squinted my eyes , trying to remember if i gave anyone my number recently.

mariana
who's this ?

xxx-xxx-xxxx
ashtray

how'd he get my number ?

mariana
how'd you get my number ? stalker

ashtray
doesn't matter
wya ?

mariana
doesn't matter

ashtray
where tf yo ass at.

mariana
aw do you care about my safety ? 😊
my friends

ashtray
no
when you comin home ?

mariana
do you wanna hangout with me ? 😱😱😱

ashtray
no.

mariana
damn.. never then

ashtray
ok

mariana
later

ashtray
thought you said never ?

mariana
i wanna watch vampire diaries again

ashtray
fuck no.

mariana
be home soon !

-

i chuckled , im funny.

"who has you smiling like that ?" brielle spoke.

i turned to her , sitting up and putting my phone down.

"umm" i said , chuckling a little.

"who girl ?" she pushed further.

"ashtra- ash." i nodded.

"ooo ! girl. you have to go tell him !" she sat up , pushing my arm a little.

"okay.." i said , no way in hell was i actually going to.

"tell me later what he says !" she said , following behind me as i walked out her front door , my clothes were still a little wet and the wind was making me cold.

-

"so fucking stupid."
"ashtray it's episode 5."

i did as i said , we were now watching vampire diaries on his couch.

"wait , so you don't like this show ?" fezco asked ashtray.

"no , it's stupid." ashtray answered him.

"it's not that bad bro." fez chuckled.

"thank you fez." i smiled at him , turning back to the tv.

"thank you fez." ashtray mocked me , rolling his eyes.

"you know what , me and fez can watch this. you can go ashtray." i nodded , smiling a little at how he seemed shocked.

"no." he crossed his arms , leaning farther into the couch.

before i could reply , he said something else.

"how many episodes is there in this seasons anyway ?"

i chucked , knowing this was gonna make him say something very dramatic.
"22."

his eyes went wide , before he squinted them.
"fuck.that."

i laughed , fez joining me shortly after.

AUTHORS NOTES.

help me with ideas pretty please 😰

.