chapter 38

today i was more nervous for school than i usually was

today i was more nervous for school than i usually was. the fight was yesterday which means everyone's gonna be looking at me and talking about it.

"you'll be fine mar." fezco told me for the fourth time , as i had my hand on the car door handle but i sat watching all the other teenagers walk in the school.

"i'm gonna call you to come get me in like an hour." i told him , being completely serious but also joking.

"mariana , get yo ass in there." ashtray rolled his eyes , pointing to the school building.

"first of all , you don't even go to school." i squinted my eyes.

fezco chuckled from the front seat , receiving a glare from ashtray in return.

"okay." i sighed , opening the door and stepping out.

"im gonna run." i told both of them , turning to them once more before taking two steps back.

"bye!" i said maybe a little too loud , before jogging to the schools front doors.

before i could have enough time to settle down , "girl!" maddy.

"jesus." i held my chest , jumping when she hooked her arm with mine.

"sorry , we've been waiting for you!" she laughed , starting to walk and since we were hooked , i went with her.

i immediately put my head down , people starting to look over at me and whisper.

"wait." the principle stopped all of us.

"oh , give her a break." maddy rolled her eyes at him , trying to walk passed him with me but he stopped us again.

"nope , i need you in my office mariana." he turned to me.

i sighed , turning to maddy. "okay , i'll see you later babe." she kissed my cheek , waving and walking off with kat and cassie.

"cmon." i followed the principle into his office , being met with brielle.

"oh my fuck." i mumble , sitting down in the chair next to her.

immediately the principal started his lecture , asking why we fought , and telling us that violence isn't the answer.

"she hit me first." brielle spoke , making me turn to her and scoff.

"did you hit her first , mariana ?" he asked me.

i shook my head , this is so bullshit.
"yeah."

he shook his head , sighing and leaning back in his chair.

after what felt like hours , but what was really only 20 minutes , he left me and brielle go to class with after school detention. since school was over when the fight happened , but we were on the property that's all he could really do.

-

"you're supposed to be in class , what are you doing ?"

i decided to sit in the bathroom for a little while , on my phone. since when i go to detention in about twenty minutes. and since once i get there they'll take my phone.

"you're supposed to go to school , what are you doing ?" i mocked ashtrays voice.

i wasn't with him , but i know he rolled his eyes.

"i have detention later , so i'm sitting in the bathroom." i informed him , after sitting in silence for a little while.

"ooo detention." he joked through the screen , making me roll my eyes.

"you're a bad kid." he added on , me making my way over to the counter where the mirrors were , to sit down on it.

"you're one to talk." i smiled , immediately cringing to myself.

i know if ashtray went to school , 97% of the time he would be in detention or not here.

"anyways , what are you doing ?" i asked , wanting to change the subject.

"same shit as always." so , sitting on the couch with either faye or fezco , or both.

"sounds funner than being here , honestly." i complained.

"yeah , i'm glad i don't have to do that shit." he laughed.

i smiled , rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me do either of those things.

i pulled the phone away from my ear , putting it on speaker so i could set it down , and checking the time. five minutes , amazing.

"i have to go in five minutes." i groaned , sitting against the wall.

we made up a conversation for the next five minutes , before i had to say bye and make my way to detention.

"okay , i have to go."

"ight , see you later ma... have fun."

i playfully scoffed , shaking my head with a smile on my face and ending the call.

i pushed the bathroom door open , running into someone. why does that keep happening to me ?

"oh- damn , i'm sorry mar." rue.

i smiled at the sight of her , i haven't seen her in quite awhile. i missed her.

"hi rue."

"hey.. how have you been ?" she put her hands in her pockets , for some reason it was awkward between us.

"i've been okay , how have you been ?" i was worried about her addiction , last time i saw her she looked bad.. like she was falling into a deeper addiction.

"i'm good , always am." i knew she was lying , but she always gives that reply to make me believe she wasnt.

before i had anytime to reply she spoke again , "i saw your fight , what was that shit about ?"

"i don't know , just got tired of her i guess." i chuckled , as she opened her mouth but was cut off by the principal yelling down the hall.

"mariana! detention!"

i huffed , turning to rue. "i gotta go , i'll text you later." to which she nodded , walking into the bathroom.

"mariana young." a lady sat in a chair at the front of the room , me walking and sitting next to some girl.

i cannot wait for this to be over , and i just sat down.

AUTHORS NOTES:

PRIDE MONTH !! happy pride month 🫶🏼

also it's my friends birthday today , say happy birthday to olivia cause she reads this. HAPPY BDAY OLIVIAAAA

.