chapter 22

now we were actually at the party , after having to go through that whole ordeal. we haven't been here for over an hour , i've been trying to find brielle but i haven't yet so i've just been standing around or with ashtray , but he's been selling so i didn't stay with him for long.

i leaned against a wall , sighing at the fact i was sooo bored and i couldn't find anyone i knew.

until i saw lexi howard.
"lexi !"

she turned around , "hey. by chance , have you seen cassie ?"

i shook my head , "no ?"

she sighed , "okay. i'll see you later okay ? i gotta find her."

i nodded , "okay. i'll let you know if i see her."

she gave me a small smile before walking away , and just as she did i saw brielle.

i started walking but paused , was she trying to avoid me ? is that why i haven't seen her or spoken to her ?

it would make sense , brielles ALWAYS in the living room at partys , and she hasn't been this whole time.
maybe i shouldn't try to hangout with her ?

i guess we'll see what i decided after i talk to her.

"hey bri."

she looked at me , before her friends looked at her and shook their head.

"oh hey mar.."

oh hey ???

"where have you been ?" i ignored how weird she was being.

"uh here.. you know." i actually don't know but sure.

she looked over at her friends before sighing , and grabbing my hand. "can i talk to you ?"

i got nervous , i know what this is gonna be about.
"yeah."

she lead me to a hallway , not a lot of people were here but the people that were , they was all juniors or seniors so no one i knew.

"uhh.. okay." she started.

"look , i don't think we should be friends anymore. i mean mariana we're like really different.. i'm popular and i like to party and well you.. you're not." she paused , looking at me.

i knew she would say something like this , but maybe i just wasn't ready.. like i thought i was.

"i'm sorry. but i don't know , you're like very.. shy and stuff. but don't worry.. you know , you'll get some friends that are just like you !"

i squirted my eyes , she was tell me she didn't want to be my friend anymore and then trying to cheer me up ?

i was upset , but i was also mad at her. i had so many things i wanted to say , but i just couldn't get them out.

"are you gonna say anything.."

i shook my head , walking back to where fez , and ashtray was. she's pathetic , she chose popularity over the only friend that's actually cares about her.

as i was walking back brielles friends all stared at me , i know they convinced her to do this.

"you good ?" i sat next to ashtray , watching him out some money in the pack pack he always carried around.

i just gave him a little smile , basically saying i was.
i would be , eventually. even if i wasn't right now.

he gave me a look , like if he didn't believe me.

"brielle and me aren't friends anymore." i told him , leaning back in my chair.

"it happened here ?" he squinted his eyes.

i nodded , "yeah."

he was silent for a second , before he leaned in and gave me a side hug , i was taken back by this. ashtray isn't one to show affection , so giving me a hug because my friend dropped me... really surprising.

"woah , did ashtray just hug me ?" i whispered in a sarcastic tone.

the bug was actually really nice , even if it was only a couple seconds.

he pulled away , "shut up."

"there goes the two seconds of affection." i chuckled , making him roll his eyes.

his phone rung , making him pick it up really fast.
"yo whats good ?"
"start the car and get ready."
"alright sure thing."

he turned to me , "we gotta go."

"why ?" i asked , but nonetheless i got up and followed him , well jogged behind him.

"yo , fez said if you need a ride nows the time." he stopped at rue.

"okay." she answered , turning to a guy that looked her age or a little older.

i followed him out the back gate of the house , going in the car.

"where's fez ?" i asked.

"inside." he sat back in the front seat.

"doing ?..." i was confused on why we were waiting out here , but fez was inside.

"hes fighting nate."

"what ?! and i'm not in there ?!" i put my hand on the car door , to open it. but he stopped me.

"mariana , sit yo ass down."

"im gonna miss nate jacobs getting his ass beat." i huffed , annoyed with him.

"you'll live." (you won't tho 😉)

i hope somebody recorded it , i wanna see fezco beat his asssss. because i know he will. i'm proud of my brother in law.. soon to be brother in law.

AUTHORS NOTES.

we think alike 🤝

we think alike 🤝

-

thank you so much !! i'll read it whenever it's out , or if it is out already i'll read it sometime ! (i haven't checked yet so idk) 💗💗

i'll read it whenever it's out , or if it is out already i'll read it sometime ! (i haven't checked yet so idk)
💗💗

.