chapter 23

at some point last night , fezco ended up going back to that apartment building to get faye , not quite sure why but now that she's sleeping on the couch , i'm sleeping in ashtrays room.

"yo , faye's gonna be sleepin on the couch so you gon have to sleep wit ash.. is that cool ?" that's how it was decided.

i was fine with it , ashtray seemed fine with it so everything's good.

-

"faye.. how did you end up here anyway ?" i asked , standing next to her at the store.

"she pushed the manager off the balcony." ashtray said blankly , making me widen my eyes and look at her.

"i didn't do anything." she whined , making me not know what to believe , but honestly.... i believe ashtray.

"anywaysss , so , fez did you best nate's ass ?" i changed the subject.

he chuckled , shaking his head at me.

"i'm serious. i couldn't see it happen because someone told me to stay in the car." i said , turning my head to ashtray at "someone."

"hell yeah." fezco gave me an answer after ashtray rolled his eyes.

after asking fez specific questions so i could know more about how the fight went down , me and ashtray went to the freezers.. just as we did , lexi howard walked through the door.

"you're brother is so cool." i told ashtray , i was so excited that fezco beat up nate.

"yeah , you've told me 3 times."

"lexi howard." cut me off before i could reply to what ashtray has said.

"wait." i stopped ashtray from doing whatever he was doing , grabbing his arm just because , not actually for anything.

"the fuck are you doing ?" he asked , watching me stand very close to the glass part of the freezers , watching fezco and lexis in-counter.

"looook." i smiled , watching fez get all blushy for lexi.

"are you guys..." oh no. lexi thinks fez and faye are together.

"no." i breathed out , gripping ashtrays arm tighter.

"mar , relax." ashtray chuckled , grabbing my hand and removing it from his arm.

"yeah , no. she's just staying with me for a bit.. but- but she's cool though."

"okay you know what , i take that back. your brother is a fucking dumbass." i shook my head , going to sit next to ashtray.

he laughed at how upset i was over somebody else's "relationship" or whatever they had going on , which was something , no way it wasn't.

"sup.. man." made me look up again , seeing cal jacobs walk in.

"of course." i whispered.

fez and ashtray looked at each other , before ash kept his eyes on cal.

"you got any spearmint gum ?" cal spoke up for the first time.

"i don't know man.. the gums right here." fez pointed to the gum.

"this your store ?" cal asked fez.

"it's a family business."

"your parent own it." cal said , but it sounded more like a statement than a question , even though it was a question.

"you usually ask this many questions ?" fezco said exactly what i was thinking.

"just you." weirdo.

"she tell you who i am ?" what.the.hell.