Ten

"HEY BITCHESSSS!" Divina yelled at the two sitting on the couch.

"Hey girllll!!!" Venus yelled back, "What'd you guys get up to?" she asked.

"Well apart from these two flirting with each other the entire time, we went to the mall," Nick pointed at Chris and Laylah which they blushed in embarrassment.

"Hey leave us alone, i don't appreciate this Chris and Laylah slander thank you very much," Laylah laughed.

"What about you guys?"

"Well after she finished editing we just watched a movie. ALSO did you guys know that all three of them smoke sometimes?!" Matt yelled.

"NO WAY! We could've all smoked together ages ago!" Chris added.

"Laylah, do we have extra cause we can go down to the beach with our speakers and tents n shit like we used to?" Venus asked.

"Yeah I think I have like a 4,5 lefttttt! Omg i'm so excited, Venus go get dressed in something cute lets goooo!" Laylah clapped her hands excitedly.

Venus went to her bedroom to pick out a cute outfit. She chose a short pink dress with straps that went around her neck. She did her make up and kept her hair the way it was. The girl looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, she loved the way the dress looked on her. She paired the outfit with some white air forces not wanting to look too extra since they were just going to the beach. She walked out and immediately looked at Matt who stared at her in awe. She smiled and walked over to him.

"I decided on a dress," she said with a twirl to show off the outfit.

"You look beautiful," Matt replied, running his hand through his hair. Venus blushed in response.

"Thank you," she returned.

"Girl you look gorgggg you ready to take insta photos?" Divina squealed.

"Yes bitchhh so ready the sun is gna set soon too so let's hurry to catch it in time!" Venus yelled back.

During the car ride everyone had Venus play on aux and she played songs from the high school musical movies. Gotta Go My Own Way started to play and immediately she turned to Laylah and they shared the same dramatic glance.

"You guys should sign up for a musical for real," Chris said earning a laugh from everyone.

"I GOT TO MOVE ON AND BE WHO I AMMM" Venus sang the lyrics to Laylah holding her hands in hers pretending like they were breaking up.

"WE MIGHT FIND OUR PLACE IN THIS WORLD SOME DAY.. But at least for nowwww... i gotta go my own wayy.."

"WHAT ABOUT US, WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH" everyone ended up screaming the lyrics. All the windows were rolled down and they were receiving glares from everyone outside.

"AND WHAT ABOUT TRUST!" Some teenagers on the sidewalk started singing with them when they stopped at a red light and everyone laughed. It was like a scene out of a movie, unreal.

The sun was high enough that the sky was still a smooth gradient of yellow and blue so they took a stroll along the waters to find the perfect spot. They had to climb the tall rocks to get to the softer sand; Matt ran behind Venus placing one hand on her waist and the other in her hand helping her up.

"What a fine gentleman you are," Venus replied and Matt bowed dramatically causing everyone to laugh.

The warm sand acted as a heater for their tents making it all the more cosier. Venus connected her phone to the speaker and turned to see who wanted to play first.

"Guys we can take it in turns with who plays," Divina said earning nods from everyone.

"I used your pink papers V," Laylah smiled proudly, "look how sexy this zoot looks," she enthusiastically waved the three pink zoots around.

"Yeah they do look pretty," Divina added.

Venus played No Surprises by radiohead.

"Sorry guys this is kind of a sad song but its so cute so deal with it," she quickly defended herself.

"Don't worry I love this song too, it's magical," Nick said standing up and taking her hand as she started to dance with him.

"Ugh, you're now my fave Nick," Venus hugged him and Matt dramatically placed his hand on his heart.

"Hey i don't see YOU dancing to radiohead, so take it personally," Venus laughed at him.
"Shush," he returned, shaking his head.

There was a cool breeze. The kind that was refreshing, that took away from the humidity of the air. It made her feel lighter and more free as she smiled at her new best friend. She thought in that moment how glad she was she met these people; they had completely changed her life for the better and couldn't imagine her life without them. A overwhelming feeling of happiness and comfort surrounded her as she noticed the sun began to set in the view of the calm waters.

Now just appreciate this masterpiece idk how to make this longer to fit the song lol

Nick and Venus tried to slow dance as the song neared to the end but they were stepping on each other's toes and shouting at each other causing a scene but they didn't care. Everything was so perfect.

Matt put Leave the Door Open by Bruno Mars on. You might need to skip like 20 secs this music thing is hard :')
"Hey we're bouta light up!" Laylah called from the open tent where Matt, Chris, Divina and Laylah all laid together bundled in blankets.
Everyone got up and started dancing whilst sharing the zoots around. Nick began to film for the vlog. Everyone had their arms out freely, singing the lyrics at the camera.
"Ima leave the door opennn," they sang in unison.

"Here let me film you Nick," Venus said to him which he model walked into the view stealing the spotlight. Laylah pushed in front of him.
"Dance battle." She said through squinted eyes without breaking a smile. Everyone was hysterically laughing at the pair trying to top the others last move.

"Tell me that your coming througgghhhhhh," Matt, Divina and Chris sang, swaying from side to side clicking their fingers like backup singers. It was a whole music video at this point. Venus balanced the camera on the tent to go join Laylah and Nick who were now just dancing together.

Matt and Chris came over and picked Laylah and Venus up, throwing them over their shoulders and ran towards the water. They were screaming and kicking but they didn't let go until they dropped them in the water. They landed on their feet fortunately and then kicked the water at them.

"YOU LITTLE BITCHES!" Laylah screamed chasing them both down the beach catching up and tackling them to the ground.

After a while they settled down and everyone was chilling in the tent watching the sunset making light conversation. Everything was so perfect and Venus couldn't stop smiling, she caught Matt looking at her from time to time, truth was he just loved watching her smile.

"You have a pretty smile," he told her. She began to blush which she tried to hide by hugging him.

"That's the best thing anyone has ever told me," she said then placed a light kiss on his cheek. Everyone was having a random debate about their random things and Nick was preaching about his fear of birds and how they were all going to take over. "All it takes is for one big bird to pick you up and then what will you do? Will it place you down nicely on the ground?! NO! You just drop! Drop!" Nick shouted at all of them and everyone was hysterically laughing. Matt held onto Chris as they held their stomachs.

"Omg omg, this is tooo funny!" Chris cried, "I can't!" Matt added.

"Okok bird boy we get it, if a big hunky bird flies over here, we'll get you out speedy," Divina laughed.

Authors Note

This one is longer than i thought but it was so fun to write

Remember to eat and drink well today and speak kinda words to yourself :)

Hope you enjoyed!

Love, Deven <3