Thiry Five

N side by Steve Lacy started playing just as the sun began to cast a gold and purple shade along the sea; everyone had retreated to the tent apart from Chris and Laylah who decided on walking along the coast.
Nick sat happily eating from a tub of vanilla ice cream after a long debate with Matt - who spent ages defending his love chocolate chip and how it was superior to vanilla.

"Matt will eat something and he will have chocolate all over his teeth, like chocolate chip is just outta here," Nick complained, Divina and Venus giggling like little kids.

Ik Chris said most of this but hey it's for the story, allow it

"Why do you care so much?" Matt rolled his eyes.

"WHY DO I CARE SO MUCH?! DID I SAY A FUCKING THING?! Why do I care so much? YOU JUST WENT ON A FUCKING THREE MINUTE  TANGENT ABOUT WHETHER HOW MUCH YOU CARE. I WAS TRYNA INTERRUPT YOU TO SAY ITS A FUCKING HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. YOUR GNA WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND HAVE CHOCOLATE CHIP, YOUR GNA HAVE THOSE PANCAKES AND WAFFLES AND I CARE TOO MUCH?! I COULDNT GIVE A FUCK LESS."

"Omg I have tears in my eyes," Matt said through a fit of laughter, damn ok."

"Well... you know we saw your brother and Laylah kissing," Venus said with a huge smile.

"WHAT?!" Nick and Divina yelled in unison.

"That's exactly what I said till I saw it," Matt chuckled.

"It was really cute, it was in the water like something out of a movie."

"I can't believe it! Actually I can but I thought he was too much of a scaredy cat," Nick said, glancing at Matt when he said the last part, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Is that why they took a little romantic stroll on the beach?" Divina winked.

"Yep," Venus answered, "I assume so at least," her smile never falling, she was so happy for them but something inside her felt a little jealous because she used to have something like that and remembered how that felt.

After a few more hours passed, the sun had long set and the darkness grew thicker with every minute and the midnight air leaving a chilly feeling. The group had packed everything up, Laylah was asleep in Chris' lap on the sand. Matt had noticed Venus' vibe was off and he wondered why.

"Guys I'm gonna go bring some of this shit to the van," she said, avoiding eye contact with Matt.

"Ok, I'll help you," he offered.

"No it's ok, I can manage, you wake them up," she pointed at the pair sleeping.

"Nick will do it, I'll take the bags," he persisted and before she could say anything, he had grabbed one of the bags from her hands and began trudging along the sand towards the car.

He opened the trunk and put the bags in and waited for her to do the same, he closed it and turned to look at her.
"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah why," she said not looking at him.

"Why won't you look at me?"

"I do," she let out a fake smile at him.

"I hate when you do that shit," he said, frustratedly.

"Do what?" She furrowed her brow and looked at him confused.

"Fake smile, it's the most annoying thing. If you don't wanna smile, don't but don't fake it," he answered and she stayed silent, catching her off guard.

"What's wrong? We were ok earlier and it's only me you seem mad at," he pressed on.

"Nothing."

"You can talk to me about anything," he took her hands in his.