Twenty Six

Venus woke up to knock at the door, she was a light sleeper so the littlest and quietest of sounds could wake her up. She glanced over at the clock and it was already ten in the morning, she dragged herself from the couch and trudged towards the door, rubbing her eyes sleepily. She opened the door and her eyes widened when she saw Matt standing there.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, confused.

"My mum said I had to pick Nick and Chris up," he said plainly as she stepped aside to let him in. She walked over to the kitchen and opened the top cabinet to get a bowl out to make cereal.

"They're still sleeping, when does she want them home?" the girl said, turning her head to look at him as she struggled to reach for the top shelf.

"Nah they have time, i just came earlier cause i woke up early so i thought i would just chill here for a bit," he said nervously as he realized he probably should have asked, "sorry for not asking, i forgot," he smiled slightly.

"It's ok Matty, you're welcome anytime," she chuckled and then returned her focus back to trying to climb to grab a bowl. Venus had one knee on the counter when she felt hands gently pull her waist back, she looked back to see Matt standing closely behind her with a smile on his face.

"I'll get it for your short ass," he laughed as she rolled her eyes playfully, her cheeks turning a small shade of pink as a flushed look spread across her face. She looked down at his hands and after a moment he noticed and quickly removed them, apologizing but she couldn't think as the familiar fuzzy feeling tickled her stomach.

"It's ok and hush, you're not exactly tall either, '5"8 on a good day' lookin ass," she said laughing.

"Dude you're literally like 5 foot don't speak on matters you can't even comprehend," he shot back at this point they were both laughing loud and it seemed as if they had woken Zian as the boy strolled into the kitchen with messy hair.

"You guys are loud as fuck," he said annoyed, as he reached for the bowl Venus had been trying to get for the past ten minuets.

"Ayooo," Matt replied, continuing to laugh with Venus.

"Dirty bitch," Venus added.

"Not like that!" Zian replied with a chuckle, "what are you guys even doing?"

"Trying to get the bowl you just rudely took," Venus leaned against the counter with her arms folded.

"My bad, I didn't know, and you Matt?" he glanced at the boy who wore a white ransom t-shirt and blue jeans, 'he looks really good,' Venus thought to herself then mentally cussed herself for it.

"I came to get Nick and Chris but I'll wait till they wake up, I got time," Matt replied as he finally grabbed the bowl for Venus and began to prepare some cereal for her. She smiled at the gesture and took a seat next to Zian.

"So why didn't you come last night bro?" Zian asked tiredly.

"Kya invited me to her house before I knew you guys were coming here so I couldn't say no," Matt replied.

"Who's Kya?" Venus pretended not to know who she was even though she had stalked her page on Instagram several times and knew almost everything about her. She knew her job, her favorite food, color, place to eat, her favorite song and lastly that she definitely had a thing for Matt.

"She's our friend, she's really cool you should meet her, i think you'd really like her, she reminds me of you," he replied with a happy expression on his face. Venus loved to see him happy despite everything he had done to her and it made her heart melt.

"Yeah for sure!" she replied, looking at him with content eyes as he passed the bowl of cereal to her which she took gratefully.

"I'm pretty sure she's going to the party today - at least she was telling me about it a few days ago, so you'll see her," Zian chimed in.