Thirty

Venus pov

We drove back in silence only Tyler's album, Igor, playing faintly in the background, the loud sound of the engine muffling some of the words. I rested my head against the window, a shiver running down my spine as the cold glass touched my skin. Are We Still Friends came on and I laughed slightly to myself, fitting song huh. I listened to the beat of the song and how the instruments and harmonies fit so well together, taking away from the lyrics. I like songs like that, they have more character.

I catch Matt looking over at me from time to time, it's weird, it's like he's trying to figure out what i'm thinking. I glance over at him and watch how concentrated he looks when driving, the lamp posts creating perfect shadows over his jaw and the silver earrings complementing his face so well. He's really perfect. What am I meant to do now? It's not awkward but it's not normal either like what he said wasn't just random news. What should I say? Where do we go from here? Why did he just say it like that? It was so irrelevant to everything going on and it didn't answer my question.

We stopped at a red light and he looked over at me again, furrowing his brows as he caught my eyes.

"Why did you just randomly decide to tell me about Kya?" I asked, breaking the long silence. He sighed but held his gaze. I grew nervous, i can't hold eye contact, maybe he can but i really can't. At that thought, I looked out the front window, watching the people cross the road.

"I just thought you would like to know cause it looked like you were really confused when you saw and i just wanted to explain, that's all," he said, still looking at me.

"Oh, I get that," I replied, looking back at him. Why does it still feel so weird then?

"Why do you not like Vinnie?" I asked again, the light changed green and he carried on driving.

"I don't?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Don't answer my question with a question dumb ass," i laughed. This bitch I swear.

"I don't have a problem with him," he shrugged his shoulders, his eyes staying to the road.

"Yeah you do," I got up from leaning against the window and sat straight, looking at him.

"Why would i have a problem with him, you just met him yesterday no?" He responded.

"Well yeah but you looked... I don't know, annoyed? Pissed off? Did I do something then?" I asked him, "If I did, I didn't mean to and I'm sorry."

"V," he laughed, my confusion only growing, this conversation was so jarring. "You didn't do anything, I was just confused as to why you were friends with him."

"Why would you be confused? I can choose my friends," I started to get angry at his stupid answers.

"No, not like that! It's just cause you said you didn't really want influencer friends because you liked your life how it was."

I didn't know how to respond. What he was seeing was right, I did in fact say that but that's not reason for him to act in that way.

"Ok, so what if I change my mind now? The way you acted was really dumb if that's why you were mad."

"V, i was just confused, I'm sorry. Your right I shouldn't have acted that way," he turned into my road.

"It's ok, I guess it was kinda confusing but I don't think I can even stay friends with him if I wanted to cause he lives in LA, he was here for the weekend," I explained. It was so sad when I found that out because I really liked his company, it felt very free like I didn't have to worry about anything else.