Fifteen

Venus did not text anyone back even Nick and his 50 messages. She felt bad considering he was just looking out for her but she couldn't bring herself to. She felt as though she had embarrassed herself to the point of no redemption. Laylah and Divina texted her last night saying they were sleeping over at a friend's house which was weird since they usually went all together which made her overthink more.
The girl had found comfort in the solitude of her bed. She used to get in these periods of low mood quite frequently but she had not been in one for ages since she met the triplets. This was mainly because they had been a distraction and the Matt situation only highlighted that to her which was a fact she didn't like as she was convinced she got better on her own.

"Venus!" Divina called from the hallway as she heard the front door close. The girl lazily turned her light on. It was late, around eleven at night, they had been gone for almost two days.

"We're back bitch!" Laylah called after, she heard them talking but couldn't hear what it was about. Then Venus' door swung open and the two girls with bright smiles peered at her.

"Why are you in bed my love?" Divina asked, furrowing her eyebrows as Laylah took her place on the other side of her bed.

"Cause it's night?" Venus replied back in a sarcastic tone.
"Yeah but it's not THAT late to be sleeping," Laylah added as she sat at the edge of her bed.

"Yeah you're usually watching High School Musical or some shit," Divina lightly chuckled.

"I don't know, I'm just tired," Venus snapped back more aggressively than she intended. To be fair she had the right to be mad since they went to their friends house without her but they were not responsible for Venus' shitty day.

"Woah woah, what's up? You good V?" Divina asked, walking over to where she was in bed. Venus was glad her two best friends were finally here but she couldn't shake the bitter  feeling that they had gone to someone's house for two days and didn't tell her beforehand.

"Why did you go to Kane and Jaden's house without me? It's not like I don't know them or anything, we went high school together," Venus said with a passive aggressive tone to try and make them understand why she was upset with them.

"Oh is that what this is about? It was last minute. They texted us like half an hour after you left and invited you but you were out with the triplets so we went, please don't be mad," Laylah explained. Venus felt guilty now, it was fair, she was out, it wasn't fair to be mad at them just because she had a bad night.

"Ok," was all she said and she reached for her phone to go on tik tok.

"We need to film, we haven't filmed in like a week, fans are getting worried," Divina added.

"You guys should go film now, i don't feel good," the girl lied.

"V, are you sure you're ok?" Divina asked quietly. Venus stayed quiet, avoiding eye contact with the girls.

"You know you can talk to us about anything," Laylah added. At this, the brown eyed girl looked up and sighed deeply.

"I embarrassed myself in front of Nick and Chris and Matt won't talk to me and I think it's my fault, he won't reply to any of my messages and I don't know what I did; I'm so stressed cause he was actually one of my best friends and i didn't want to mess my friendship up with him, that's what I was afraid of before we started flirting and now i think i have ruined everything and he doesn't want anything to do with me," Venus rambled, tears swelling in her eyes.

"Woah woah, go back like 3," Divina said with a sympathetic face, "Matt won't talk to you?"

"Yeah after that night on the beach, he's been airing me ever since," the girl replied, barely a whisper handing her phone displaying the messages to them. 

"Oh my love, I'm so sorry, did you say you don't know why?" Laylah replied watching the teenager closely.

"This bitch ass I swear to god," Divina added, "You guys were literally acting like a couple that night, I wonder what's up with him now," she continued, earning a small laugh from Venus.

"I don't know how to fix it."

"Girl, he's the most confusing guy i've met but i'm sure he'll come to his senses, i saw they way he was looking at you on Monday and he's litch in love with you, he's probs too much of a pussy to do something about it," Divina spoke quickly, clearly angry now.

"How did you embarrass yourself in front of Nick and Chris?" Layah questioned.

"Basically when I went over last night, everything was fine until I got to the door, Nick answered, all he did was say hi and then i froze and had a panic attack THEN Chris came out and saw the scene I was making so I just got up and left because it was too much to handle," Venus explained.

"That's not something to be embarrassed about, i wonder why you got it though, you haven't had one of those in months i swear," Laylah replied. It was true. Venus used to have panic attacks often around five months ago but they stopped once they moved in together which only made her even more confused as there was no reason for it to happen.

"I don't know what happened, one minute I was fine, the next I was on the porch step with Nick and Chris trying to help me breathe," she said, her voice breaking at the end.

"Girl, i'm so sorry we weren't there for you, i feel terrible," Divina replied sadly.

"It's ok, it wasn't your fault," Venus said placing her hand on top of hers. Laylah pulled her into a hug, dragging Divina into it too.

"I hate fighting with you guys," Venus whispered, tears finally escaping. Laylah pulled away and wiped the girl's sad eyes and kissed her cheek.

"We should vow to never fight ever again," Laylah replied.

"Word," Divina mumbled, holding onto Venus' waist like she was going to fly away, "it'll all be ok V, we got you and Matt's going to realise what he's losing out on soon enough."

"You think?" Venus replied, a glimmer of hope hinted in her voice.

"Positive."

"You should totally just be a bad bitch and act like you don't give a fuck cause I know that'll piss him off," laylah clapped her hands together.

"Omg yeah post something sexy or something," Divina added.

"Guys chill, I'm not at the stage yet," the girl laughed lightly hitting her friends arm.

After their conversation, Divina and Laylah went out to buy ice cream and chinese take out and came back to watch Shark Tale in an attempt to cheer up their friend.

"Bro you and Laylah are like Ernie and Bernie for real," Divina pointed at Venus as the movie finished. In the three hours her friends have been back, Venus had genuinely smiled for the first time in six days. She was so grateful to have people she could always count on to pull her out of that dark hole she can so easily fall into.

Authors Note
I haven't updated in a bit sorry guys I've been struggling a bit but I pulled thru for u lot
Thank u so much for 2,5k I only started this a week and a half ago which is crazy
At least the besties are back together but Venus is in her pining for Matt era now
I love Divina and Laylah sm I feel like their whole friendship is just iconic in my head
Anyways I hope you bitches enjoyed
Deven <3