Thirty Three

Please listen to TV by Billie Eilish for the beginning, it's so pretty and fits the start so well! Ily :)

After the conversation with Zian, Venus had a bittersweet feeling the next few days. It was now Thursday and she had barely left the house. However, the cycle she was in was lifting; light at the end of the tunnel.

Her room was covered in dirty laundry like a sea only a narrow path down the centre leading towards her bed. Leftover plates, cups and wrappers from each day stood on her dresser spoiling the collected aesthetic of the room. The curtains remained closed at all times, it wasn't that she hated the light or the view but the fact that she would be able to see all the people down below living their lives when she knew she was wasting hers.

Crawling out of bed, she stretched her arms out, moving her head from side to side, loosening up a little. She walked over to the giant window which took up her entire wall and pulled back the curtains, letting herself watch people leaving their cars and heading to work in formal attire or the families with children leaving for school. They all had their own lives. It was a comforting reminder, the thought that nothing really mattered, we were just here to make the most out of the lives we were given and it was our choice how we could do that.

She began picking up the clothes from the floor, peice by peice until the light brown wood shone through. She needed a detox and knew the only way to get better was if she pushed herself a little. Taking everything day by day and 'Like every storm, this too shall pass,' she read in one of those silly coming of age books, the quote repeating in her head.

She was the problem. However, she also knew it wasn't her fault she was like this, it wasn't her fault these cycles happened and she was grateful she had such understanding friends that were always there for her. However, she realised that all her friendships were one sided, her being the one not reciprocating. She needed to put in more effort and be a better friend and that's what her new goal was.

It was early morning and with no intention to sleep and a lot of time till her friends woke up, she was definitely going to clean the rest of the apartment. She wanted to be a better friend and focus on those that loved her. She sent a text on the group chat asking to go out so they'd all see it when they woke up.

Laylah strolled into the living room, it was now 10 in the morning and Venus had fully cleaned each room of the apartment besides theirs. The girl lazily rubbed her eyes as she plummeted onto the couch. To another it may look like she was uncomfortable with her legs on the highest point of the couch whilst her arms hung below, fingers touching the floor but she stayed like that for a few minutes. Divina followed her in and looked at the girl strangely.

"That can't be comfortable for you," she remarked, the confusion not leaving her face.

"Nah, it is, it's like yoga," Laylah opened one of her eyes to look at her.

"Lies, your body looks like it's stretching in places it shouldn't be able to."

"Maybe I'm just flexible," the girl huffed.

"Girl, you cuss every time you cross your legs," Divina laughed.

"Shut the fuck up, maybe if you just try it you wouldn't be chatting so much shit."

"Whatever. Also when did you clean up? I was going to at least do the bathroom," the girl asked, leaning against the doorway.

"Bitch you think i'd clean up your mess?" Laylah laughed, her eyes still shut.

"Rude much but then did you clean anywhere else?" Divina continued asking.

"Nope, maybe Venus did. Wait... she cleaned up?" she opened her eyes wide.