Eleven

I recommend reading this chapter a bit slower and listen to the song <3

It was almost midnight now and everyone was laying tiredly in the tent. Divina grabbed Venus' phone and played Sunsetz by Cigarettes After Sex and cuddled up into the blankets they brought. Matt and Venus were out on the sand dancing together, the sun had almost set and he took pictures of the girl to save the moment. The orange sunlight bounced off her skin as she twirled around, her hair unkempt contradictory to the way it fell, perfectly framing her face. The girl lightly skipped over to Matt and placed her arms around his neck.

"And when you go away i still see you," she sang as she slowly danced in Matt's arms. Nothing could break this moment, they both felt content and found safety in each other's embrace both wishing it would last forever.

"I'm convinced I live in a movie," she told him looking into his eyes, "like ever since i met you everything's been so perfect like everything has just fallen into place; I know it's cringy but it's true."

"I feel the same way, I'm so glad I met you V," he replied, his eyes glancing down to her lips, "V," he whispered. She hummed in response, her head now tucked into his neck.

"I like you, a lot," he said. Venus said nothing, just hugged him tighter. "What about you? How do you feel?" he asked nervously, looking down trying to read her face for an unspoken answer.

She looked up at him now, "Matt, I wouldn't be dancing with you right now if I didn't like you," she blushed. He stared into her dark eyes, captivated, as if they swallowed all the light around them. Gently sliding a hand around her neck, he pulled her closer, placing a tender kiss on her lips. That familiar feeling of butterflies in their stomachs came about as everything around them seemed to disappear like they were the last two people on earth.

"This moment couldn't be any more perfect," she whispered once then pulled away.

"I couldn't be happier," He said, placing his forehead on hers, closing his eyes.

It was now 1am and the group decided to go back home as they were all tired, they could have slept on the beach but Nick was too scared in case someone walked over to them whilst they were sleeping.

Matt was driving and let Venus sit in the passenger seat which was rare because Chris always sat there; he couldn't stop smiling the entire drive. Chris was fine with the arrangement though as it meant he could sit with Laylah. Venus was still on aux but her playlist was just running when Telephones by Vacations came on. No one had any more energy left so they all simply sat there in comforting silence. Chris moved an arm around Laylah, pulling her closer as her head rested on his shoulder sleeping peacefully. His hand found its way into her hair as he ran his fingers through her soft hair. Divina and Nick had their legs over each other and had fallen asleep in the backseats. All that could be heard was the engine of the car and the faint music in the background.

Venus was sitting quietly with her head resting against the headrest admiring the way Matt looked effortlessly whilst he drove. She thought about how close they had all gotten in such a short amount of time, she wished time could slow so she could stay in the moments they shared for longer. He would catch her staring from time to time letting out a light chuckle as she quickly averted her gaze in an attempt to pretend she wasn't looking. He moved one hand to the top of her leg, gently moving his thumb. The brown eyed girl looked up at him and smiled, "today was perfect Matt," she said, almost a whisper so no one could hear.

"I couldn't agree more, we should do this again," he looked at her as he stopped at a red light, "well there is a party in 2 weeks, it's some crazy rich influencer's party," he began as the light faded green.

"Wanna go with me?"

"Of course I would. I haven't been to a party since high school," she replied.

"Good," he smiled.

"Will the others come?" she asked.

"I know Chris and Nick were invited too, I'm sure Chris will bring Laylah so Divina can be Nick's plus one," he answered.

"That's so fun, I'm excited," she giggled, placing her hand where his was on her leg, intertwining their fingers.

Matt pulled the minivan into the car park, turning the music down as he switched the engine off.

"I should charge money for this taxi service," he said. Everyone had already woken and were having one of those conversations where everything just flowed easily with no particular direction.

"For real Matt chase that bag," Nick said, causing everyone to laugh.

"Ok bye guys, this was sooo fun, definitely gonna have to do a round two!" Divina yelled at the boys. As Venus was getting out of the car she felt someone grab her wrist pulling her back in. She turned her head around surprised and then Matt kissed her.

"Bye V," he said, she blushed and everyone went "ooooo" as Nick screamed at them.

"Never again! That was REPLUSIVE, Venus, dear, you need a better taste in guys ASAP that was RANSIDD!" he rambled on as he was shouting at the pair.

"I will take note of that one bestie! Bye guys!" Venus said between laughs.

This was a night that was truly perfect Matt and Venus both thought to themselves.

Authors Note

I hope you listened to the songs when you read, its so much better that way.

Remember like three chapters ago where i said i was uncomfy writing it? yeah this is the chapter idk i know its literally just a kiss but i just feel uncomfy.

Anyways i hope you all enjoyed!

Remember to eat and drink, you deserve food, you deserve to be taken care of so don't deprive yourself of something you need despite what you think of yourself.

Love, Deven <3