Twenty Four

The pair earned weird looks from their friends when they reached the cashier, each sharing the same confused expression in their face. Nick looked more angry than confused as he stared at their held hands feeling annoyed as his brother had treated her so poorly and she had forgiven him so easily.

"So what happened when you went to get the drinks V?" Laylah asked with a smirk creeping on her face.

"Nothing much I just became friends with Matt again," she let go of his hands, ignoring the sad look he wore when she did so. She went up to the lady scanning the food, placing her drink on the counter.

"What?! You forgave him that easily?!" Nick yelled, frustration evident in his tone.

"Nah not easily," Matt corrected.

"Shut up Matt, you're irrelevant," he responded.

"Ouch," Matt placed a hand to his heart dramatically.

"I just let him explain everything and now we're friends that's all, I don't wanna fight anymore I'm tired of that shit now," Venus added causing Matt to look at her with bright eyes, the happiest he had looked in the past few weeks.

"It had better be a better explanation than he gave us," Chris said.

"I'm so confused," Zian chimed in, scratching his hair. Matt looked at Venus with a furrowed brow thinking why she hadn't told him about them before. Had there been a reason for not saying anything, did they actually have something going on?

"Basically Matt ghosted Venus for some strange reasons for the past two weeks and he has been trying to talk to her but she refused and now they made up," Nick summarised the drama, leaving out that they had a thing going on which angered Matt for some reason.

"What were the reasons?" Zian asked and everyone looked at Matt.

"Yeah, what were the reasons?" Laylah chimed in earning a small nudge from Venus. "What? I'm just curious as to the miracle shit he said to win you over so easily," the girl defended.

"Lay, be nice," Venus whispered.

"Excuse me, we're closing now," the lady behind the register broke the conversation. They nodded and left with questions unanswered.

"This movie is so iconic," Venus laughed as SpongeBob the movie played on the big tv. Laylah was laying on Chris' lap as he played with a strand of her hair. Nick had his head rested on Divina's shoulder as they sat together on the massive white bean bag laughing at almost every part.

"Can you guys shut up," Zian yelled at the two, chuckling at something Nick said, "you're distracting."

"You're getting loud but I swear you rode your bike to get here," Nick clapped back causing everyone to laugh.

"Omg," Zian deadpanned.

"It's ok you slay on that bike," Venus chimed in, hitting his arm playfully. Matt watched the two interact, he couldn't help but feel jealous at the way they were being so touchy.

"Yeah the amount of slay you emit when you ride that crusty rusty bike is crazy," Laylah laughed.

"Yeah you look like one of those strange models that wear those weird bubble outfits but still look good," Divina yelled as everyone broke into laughter.

"Yeah it's iconic," Chris chuckled.

It was now midnight and Nick got a text from their mom asking why they weren't home.
"Hey guys I hate to be that bitch but me Matt and Chris gotta go cause Mary Lou just texted and she sounded pretty scary," Nick broke the silence. The girls had fallen asleep and Venus ended up laying on Matt's chest the rest of the movie.