Thirteen

It had been 5 days since the group went to the beach, Chris and Laylah had been FaceTiming every day at night and in the morning. It was clear that Chris was putting the effort in to try and talk to Laylah as much as possible which the girls found admirable.

As opposed to Matt who appeared to have forgotten about that night. Venus would wake up and hope throughout the day she would get a notification and it would finally be him. She grew self conscious and had gotten past the point of overthinking the entire situation. She was driving herself crazy, every thought she had was Matt. She didn't understand why he wouldn't talk to her.

Matt POV

After that night all Matt could think about was Venus and how he liked everything about her. He thought about how she smelled like purple flowers, how when they hung out he seemed to always want to be near her, how her hand always somehow made its way to his hair when they sat to watch movies. He thought he sounded like someone in those cheesy romance movies Venus loved to watch like The Notebook and he hated it. He believed he should stay just friends for the sake of the friendship group for if he was to act on his feelings and it didn't work out, the friendship group would be split in two. This mindset obviously didn't make sense as Chris and Laylah had a thing going on but he chose to ignore the logic.

Besides, he thought, there were plenty of other pretty girls in his dms that he could move to. He knew he had to text Venus but the thought was even awkward to him; airing Venus was the best way to get the message across no matter how wrong it felt.

Matt's is a self sabotager

Messages

V🤍

Tuesday

Last night was perfect. Wanna do it again?

Helloooooo

Wednesday

Mattyyyyy I've been left on delivered for a day cold hearted mf 😭

Matt?

Thursday

Hey? Is something wrong it's been 2 days now

Is everything alright? I'm always hear if you wanna talk

Friday

Did I do something? Are you mad?

Today

Matt?

(Read 7:46)

Read?

Are you mad at me? Please talk to me

Matt felt guilty but he knew it needed to be done. 

Venus POV

Messages

Nick 🐦

NICK

NICK

NICK

NICK

NICK

NICOLAS

NICOLAS

YOU BETTER RESPOND OR I'M SENDING THE BIRDS ON YOU

Now this is just cruel