Thirty One

It was now seven in the evening and Lina had just arrived after being dropped off by her dad. Everyone was playing around with her which made Venus smile because it just made her realise she had picked the greatest friends. Matt kept looking over at Venus to see if she would ever acknowledge him but she never did. She avoided eye contact at all times, she didn't want to have to pretend to be happy anymore so this was the best solution.

"No! I want Matt to show me around!" Lina protested when Laylah asked to give her a tour of the apartment.

"But he doesn't even live here," Venus argued.

"Yeah but he's here every day so he basically does, come on Matty let's go," she grabbed his arm and pulled him away. Unfortunately for Venus, her 'no eye contact' method was not going to be easy considering Matt was her new favourite out of her friends even though she's known Divina and Laylah her whole life. The little girl found it interesting that her sister had new friends and when she met Matt at the diner she instantly took a liking to him.

Chris, Nick and the girls trailed behind as Matt walked in front of them, the little girl gripping onto his arm, him turning around every so often with pleading eyes.

"So this is the living room, which i think you've already seen since it's in the same room as the kitchen, damn i never realised how big this room was until now," Matt said, "Venus can take the tour from here." He tried to get the girl's attention but she kept her eyes forward, thinking of what to comment on.

"Well, this is the famous couches you see in every insta post, Lina. Where we have sleepovers and binge adventure time, they're quite comfy to sleep on," she jumped onto one of the seats and watched as her sister copied her actions.

"Yeah it feels like I'm sinking in woah!" the little girl exclaimed.

The group showed her around the apartment and were now sitting in the kitchen after ordering mcdonalds. Matt leant against the counter opposite Venus in hope he could catch her eyes. He watched as the girl laughed at something Nick said and happily looked at her sister. Everything was going so well before Kya texted and he hated that he didn't know what to do next, he didn't know how to help the situation and it frustrated him.

Venus' phone buzzed and it was a message from Lina's dad to say that he was here to pick her up. The little girl was having a conversation with Nick and Matt, she smiled as she loved that she was getting along so well with her friends. Venus walked over to the three and tapped Lina's shoulder, "Dad's here, he just texted and he said to hurry up," she told her.

"Ahw man but I don't wanna gooo," she whined.

"Yeah I was having a great debate about girl scout cookies with her," Nick chimed in.

"I think lemonups are cool," Lina smirked at the boy to whom slapped his forehead aggressively.

"You're so wrong for that, so unbelievably wrong, like illegally wrong," he shook his head, "disgusting." All four of them laughed, "Imma dash you like the girl scout if they ever offered me one," he yelled.

"Nick omg!" Matt yelled through a fit of laughter.

"That's actually terrifying, I feel sorry for the girl if that's all she had left," Venus laughed.

Venus got another text from Lina's dad telling her to hurry up because her mom was in a bad mood, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but dad texted again for you to hurry your ass up." At that the girl picked up her little bag and hugged everybody goodbye then she ran out the door not wanting to get in trouble with her parents.

"She's so nice man," Chris said as Venus closed the door.

"I know I wonder where she gets it from," the brown-eyed girl smirked back at him to which he playfully rolled his eyes.