Fourteen

Venus didn't bother to change out of her pjs, she kept with her fluffy red plaid bottoms and a black long sleeve crop top and just slipped on her sliders as she left the apartment, telling the girls that she was going to the triplets'. Divina and Laylah had been out all day and didn't have the energy to go with her so she drove herself five minutes to their house. She was forcing herself to get out, truth was she didn't have the energy either and that the situation with Matt had taken more of a toll on her than she expected. It hurt her to think that she did something wrong and he would not talk to her. Venus had kept herself tucked away in her bedroom for the past five days and she didn't even talk to her best friends about what had happened, she swore to herself that she would later.

She arrived at their house and knocked on the door.

"Hey girl," Nick said with a sad face, taking the girl into his arms.

"Hey Nick," she replied. Suddenly, a feeling of pressure overcame her and she found herself unsure what to say next. She felt awkward and felt as though she needed to start a conversation as she was taking up his space and time. The girl's mind was racing as she was thinking of sentence starters but nothing seemed to be right. Everything she thought of she stopped herself before she said it, thinking it was too stupid, too try hard, too sad, too boring, not funny enough, too cringey. 'Quick think of something, quick think of something, he's going to be awkward too, quick say something V.' The loud voice in her head took over as the suffocating sound of her heart pounding in her chest engulfed her ears. She didn't realise she was looking everywhere but his eyes as a quiet voice penetrated the chaos in her mind.

"Venus, are you ok?" He asked concerned, seeing the panicked look Venus wore.

"Huh?" She asked out of breath. 'Quick think of something V, you're making it fucking awkward say something for fucks sake,' the voice consumed her again making her even more stressed.

"Yeah I'm fine," she blurted out. She didn't move, she didn't know what to do with herself, she felt stupid; she didn't know where to put her arms, what to do with her hands, was she standing weird? Venus told herself that he thought she was strange now and she could do nothing to stop it. She accepted the fact and tears began to gather in her eyes as her vision became blurry. She looked at the ground, trying everything she could to make him not see her.

"V, come sit," he said, placing an arm around her shoulders guiding her to the patio steps.

"I'm sorry," Venus managed to get out as they sat on the step.

"Don't be sorry, it's ok, everything's going to be ok," he said slowly and quietly, reassuring the girl, rubbing her back in an attempt to comfort her. She opened her mouth to say thank you but instead she choked on her words and made a small noise which made the voice come back ten times louder. 'That sounded so weird omg, what is actually wrong with you your embarrassing yourself, pattern the fuck up or he's not going to want to be friends with you, just leave you're just making everything worse.' She looked over to see Nick looking at her with sympathetic eyes. She had to leave.

"Hey you didn't tell me Venus was here!" Chris exclaimed cheerfully as he walked to the door, "when did you get here?" he questioned taking a seat next to Nick.

"Oh," was all he said when he saw the unsteady girl, eyes glued to the floor with a heaving chest.

"She'll be ok," Nick said looking at Chris in which he nodded in response not wanting to say the wrong thing.

Suddenly, she stood up trying to stay balanced as her impaired vision made it difficult to stand straight.

"I'm gonna go..." she said quietly, still looking at the ground avoiding eye contact. The boys looked at her worryingly.

"You want us to come with you?" Chris asked her.

"No thanks," was all she could say as she walked back to her car. They watched her open the door. She hoped they didn't think she was being mean and that they understood that she needed to go.

"Text me later!" Nick called after her to which she slowly nodded and got into the car.

She arrived home and to her happiness, Divina and Laylah were not home, which in this moment she was grateful as she simply wanted to be alone to organise the mess which was her thoughts.

Authors Note

idk why but this was like therapeutic to write, even though its not like a happy theme

This was coming we all saw it coming

i wonder how Matt and Venus will solve their issues 

I love Matt irl i don't mean to make him the bad character but we need some spiceee

Anyways, i hope you all had a great day today 

and sorry again for not posting for like a week :(

Love, Deven <3