Twenty One

Venus was being bombarded by her best friends who were swarming her with questions about Zian. No one could believe that they were going to meet up with him again. It was only two years ago that they last saw him but the memories felt so distant, he didn't feel real.

"When are we meeting him?" Divina asked.

"I don't know, I think we should just tell him to come here," Venus answered.

"Yeah omg he needs to see the apartment, it's so sexy and the decorations V put up are so cute," Laylah clapped her hands excitedly.

"Ok, it's a plan, Divi can you call him and let him know," Venus answered as she turned the led lights on and opened all the blinds displaying the big windows. The apartment was small but it was spacious with only a big white couch in the corner of the massive room surrounded by potted plants. Giant windows took the place of the walls which showed off the breathtaking view of all the buildings below. It reminded them of New York without the overcrowded streets. The girls had purposefully picked a floor as high as they could afford for this reason, at night it all came together so beautifully. On the other side of the room was a white marble kitchen with a long counter in the middle lined with coloured led lights, it was perfect for the three girls.

It was around nine at night and the girls heard a knock at the door. Laylah jumped off of the couch and ran to open the door. Zian stood there like a little child with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"ZIAN WTF BRO!" Laylah screamed, "2 FUCKING YEARS!"

Zian let out a loud laugh, "bro i don't even know what happened!" He shrugged, opening his arms for the girl. Divina ran up behind the two and tackled them causing the pair to lose their balance.

"Boy, how could we just not see each other for that long?!" Divina exclaimed.

"ZIAN!" Venus yelled from behind making them all turn their heads towards her, "welcome to our home," she said with her arms out.

"Yeah come in, let's give you a tour!" Laylah clapped her hands excitedly like a kid opening their presents on Christmas Day. Divina linked her arm in his and guided him around whilst Venus made anecdotes on random objects.

"And this plant," she stood beside the tall palm leaves, "we found in the depths of a rainforest when we were adventuring the ruins of a secret island no one knows about. It is an endangered species and us being good, awesome, pussy slaying, independent women, we saved it by bringing it home and giving it a new life," she told them in an exaggerated reporter voice.

"I swear we found it on the side of the street and thought it was cute," Divina cut the girl off causing everyone to  erupt into laughter as Venus slapped her forehead hard.

"EXPOSEDD!" Zian shouted.

"Shut up, maybe it's a mystery how do you not know that the plant actually was from a rainforest from a secret island but was dumped cause they knew we'd find it," Venus defended.

"That just scares me now," laylah said.

"If you can trace back its ancestors, hit me up," Zian chuckled.

They were all in the kitchen, the three girls standing leaning against the counter staring as Zian sat in the stool opposite.

"Why are you guys just staring, it's actually terrifying," the boy said finally.

"Cause it's weird seeing you here, I gotta take in your presence you get me," Venus answered.

"Can you do that another time?" He asked, shifting in his seat.

"No," they all replied, causing him to sigh.

"How comes it doesn't feel awkward even though it's been years," Divina said.

"Yeahhhh it feels like nothing ever changed," Laylah added.

"I agree, I don't know maybe there's too much history and friendship that we just know each other still," Zian replied as the girls nodded their heads.

"You're a really deep thinker Z," Divina told him, "like everything you say seems to be true on a next level, it's strange."

"Yeah But I did think about our sitch a lot so that may be why," he answered.

"GUYS! Should we film a YouTube video?" Venus asked, jumping up and down on the spot.

"That's such a good idea, what should we do though? I already have content for the vlog," Divina continued.

"Maybe we should just do a Q&A," Laylah suggested.

"Guys, I don't think I'm good at being in videos," Zian said, jumping in between their conversation.

"You'll be fine shut up," Venus said, waving him off earning a small chuckle from the boy, "Q&A sounds good and I have questions left over from the ones we didn't answer on our stories a night ago."

"Ok lemme just set up the cam!" Divina said happily.

They were around 10 minutes into the video when Venus read out a question related to Matt by accident.

"What happened to Venus and Matt?" She read out loud, not thinking, "uh well," she started, unsure how to answer. "It's all fine," she said, finally moving on as she saw the concerned faces on her friend's face.

"Are Venus and Zian dating?" Laylah read out with a smirk.

"Oh god I should've known this would come up," Venus covered her face as Zian laughed.

"No we're not," Zian answered the question.

"But they had a thing back in high school," Divina wiggled her eyebrows at the pair.

"No we didn't omg!" Venus defended as Zian stayed silent.

LIEESSS!! In eighth grade Venus had a huge crush on Zian but then she never admîted it till tenth grade!," Laylah blurred out, earning a light punch to the arm from Venus.

"Heyyy lemme explain, I did have a crush on him but we all became best friends by the time i admitted it so it went away and didn't matter  but it's still funny I guess," the girl shrugged In defeat.

"Sure it did," Divina teased, causing the boy to look up at her confused.

"Shut up it did, me and Z are besties of 6 years now," Venus walked over to him slinging an arm over his shoulders ignoring the way his breath hitched when she did so.

"Anyways I think that is all for today's video," Laylah started the outro.

"Yeah, remember to comment any new vid suggestions and subscribe!" Divina continued, "and all our socials are linked below in the description so don't be shy to follow cause we post polls and shit for upcoming videos!"

Authors Note

I know this one is kinda short but the next one will make up for it

Zian is a little flirtacious guy i wanna create drama 😈

This next week is when i start exams so updates are gna be hard to do but when i have the time i willll swear down

Anyways i hope everyone had a good day today if not i hope you have a better one tomorrow. Remember to take care of yourselves and put yourself first before anything!

Love, Deven <3