𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘐𝘐𝘐. 𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘢𝘴𝘺

Chapter 33: Escaping Was Never Easy

"She's strong but she's exhausted." —R.H Sin

H Sin

🕸

LOCATION: BERLIN, GERMANY

JUNE 23, 2016

🕸

AURORA patiently waited for Bucky to wake up, his metal arm clamped in a huge industrial vice while being half-awake as she felt drowsy. Still wearing Sam's jacket draped around her shoulders to prevent having hypothermia, using her powers to generate some sort of heating cushion to the abandoned warehouse. Gripping onto the necklace as she thought about what Tony said, did her mother find out what she did? Shame washed over like a hurricane, imagining how disappointed she must be. A warm glow appeared for the jewel as if Athena was right beside her, smiling with glistening tears.

Steve was near the entrance, peering through a small gap as a chopper flew overhead. After deciding to destroy Aurora's phone as it was likely being tracked, they purchased an old flip phone from a local shop. Sam glanced over at the male super-soldier as Bucky slowly started to gain consciousness. He called Rogers over to check it out, standing beside each other and observing him lift his head forward with a groggy expression. Trying to feel his left arm until realizing it was on the industrial vice, the flickering light caught his attention at the girl leaning against the wall. Calling out to his old pal, recognizing the figure with just a glance.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve questioned calmly, his stance was clear that he was still unsure whether to trust him or not. His voice caused the teenager to wake up, stretching tiredly as she stepped forward to Sam and gave the jacket back. It was the most ideal place to rest but it did the job of gaining some awareness now until she eats something again.

"Your mom's name was Sarah... You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky answered faintly, a small smile threatening to show as Aurora quirked her eyebrows in curiosity. Sam turned to Steve with an unamused glare, even sharing one with the girl who had a surprised one.

"Can't read that in a museum," Steve noted with a firm nod, confirming his statement. Wilson and Hunter for once were on the same page with the profound information, but for different reasons.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam remarked, arms crossed above his chest as she glanced at him.

"Do you always have trust issues?" Aurora inquired about his sudden apprehensive attitude, thinking that he was just grumpy from what happened.

"Only around those who try to kill me." He retorted with a sneer wanting to show. She took the statement a bit offensive, in a way that he just doesn't know Bucky like Steve or she does.