𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐𝘐. 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘈 𝘞𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥

╔═══ · 。゚🕸: *

╔═══ · 。゚🕸: *.🕷 .* :🕸゚.  ═══╗
TIME CAN HEAL A WOUND

"The worst part about being sad is
you don't know what makes you
happy anymore." —Unknown
╚═══ · 。゚🕸: *.🕷 .* :🕸゚. ═══╝

Barton's Homestead

Location: Missouri, United States

May 4, 2015

"THE news is loving you guys," Maria Hill informed Tony over the video call on the quinjet. The rest of the team were silently listening but the encounter they had just witnessed made it difficult to focus. Aurora shivered in the warm blanket she was wrapped around with, hearing the same echoes of her nightmare through her mind. Nonetheless, Maria Hill continued, "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony questioned seriously, glancing slightly over at Aurora who sat against the wall with her knees tucked under her arms. She was in the same spot on the Quinjet after returning with an exhausted Bruce that was mind-controlled by the witch. No one bothered to explain to the billionaire except Clint, who volunteered to steer the aircraft for a while.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" Maria confirmed before she asked sincerely about them. Tony was silent for a few moments, deciding whether to tell her the truth directly or something along those lines. Still, with the possibility that Ultron might be listening to their conversation right now, Tony didn't want to give a straight answer.

"Everyone's... we took a hit. We'll shake it off." Tony answered hesitantly, seeing Clint staring briefly at him before returning his focus to steering the Quinjet. The billionaire nodded his head discreetly at the archer, seeing that some were more deeply affected than others.

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here." The ex-SHIELD Director Deputy suggested to the co-leader of the Avengers. Tony almost gave her a confused expression until he saw how serious the woman was observing him through the video call.

"So, run and hide?" Tony commented jokingly, cracking a small grin to lighten up the dense mood. Clint silently shook his head in disagreement, thinking this wasn't the time to joke. It didn't help.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer," The female agent answered with a short sigh. For once, the Avengers were stuck in something they couldn't get out of.

"Neither do we...." Tony declared softly before he switched off the monitor to end the call. The billionaire brought his hand over his face until he stood up to check on Barton. He asked in a low whisper, "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out." Clint insisted, his eyes not once wavering since he wasn't affected like the rest of the team besides Tony.