𝘟𝘐. 𝘜𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

╔═══ · 。゚🕸: *

╔═══ · 。゚🕸: *.🕷 .* :🕸゚.  ═══╗
UNCOVERING THE TRUTH

"You can run with a lie. But you can't
hide from the truth." —Unknown
╚═══ · 。゚🕸: *.🕷 .* :🕸゚. ═══╝

Avengers Tower

Location: New York City, New York

June 1, 2014

TWO months since HYDRA and SHIELD got shut down after the battle over the Potomac River. Natasha managed to leak all of HYDRA and SHIELD's private files over the internet, creating controversial topics that forced both the heroes and fugitives to stay vigilant for a while. Steve tried researching more information about the Winter Soldier and Phantom, only that the young girl's file was missing. Even the file that Natasha had a while back mysteriously disappeared from her clutches before she had the chance to give it to him.

However, there was a short file about the Winter Soldier, specifically about his missions and a bit of his historical record. Still, no mention of the Phantom, wondering why HYDRA was trying to keep her a secret. Is she a super weapon? A mere assassin? An experiment that turned out right for the first time? So many possibilities for her, but nothing seemed to match her perfectly. A perfect enigma...

A puzzle that Steve desperately wanted to solve along with Natasha and Sam. They were the only ones who actually saw the girl during the last few months at Washington, D.C. The Winter Soldier wasn't difficult to understand that HYDRA experimented on him during the 40s in the time of World War II. After that, he would do classified missions for decades upon decades until they somehow preserved him to continue working for them.

Brainwashed was the word, Steve would describe them. It was logically that they involuntarily signed up with HYDRA, to serve them one purpose and only that purpose. Domination over any government in the world so that they could be the only ones standing. A blank slate was all HYDRA needed to create the perfect soldier, to obey every order, and take action when necessary. And the Phantom was a perfect example of that 'perfect soldier image'.

Something about the teenager seemed familiar, Steve thought he saw a resemblance from someone he knew decades ago. The other question he had was why did she save him? There was no logical explanation as to why she would do it, but he was betting that even she didn't. What didn't help was that he knew Bucky was alive and could be anywhere around the world. Steve concluded that if he could find the girl, it would lead him to Bucky.

After meeting up with ex-SHIELD Director Nick Fury, Steve decided to stay at the Avengers Tower with the rest of the team. The rest of the Avengers seemingly moved into the tower together was the first time they saw one another. At times, one or two members of the team would occupy some level of the tower, but never together at the same time. The super-soldier was still trying to adjust to the new lifestyle he was thrown into.