𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘐𝘝. 𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴

Chapter 34: Clash of the Avengers

"Remember why you started." —Unknown

" —Unknown

🕸

LEIPZIG-HALLE AIRPORT

LOCATION: LEIPZIG, GERMANY

JUNE 24, 2016

🕸

ONCE they decided what the team was going to do, they split up into their positions and waited for Steve's signal. Rogers strides through the underpass to create the distraction, heading towards the chopper in hopes of going after the doctor. However, an electro-disabler dart slams onto the aircraft, causing him to look up and find Tony and Rhodey in their Iron suits. The pair landed directly in front of him within a few feet away, Stark's mask disappeared, and sarcastically started to talk with his friend, "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," James responded with the same tone, they also had a plan of their own after Steve and the others escaped from the terrorist center. Tony discreetly began scanning the airport for where she could be, nonetheless, was still annoyed with his pal Captain America.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this," Steve explained briefly, not letting his eyes wander around. Suddenly, Black Panther leaped over a truck and settled far but close enough to Rhodey.

"Captain," T'Challa greeted yet Rogers knew not to confuse the acknowledgment as kindness. The soldier saluted in return, nodding his head while doing so.

"Anyway, Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Stark remarked as he slowly walked around to somewhat intimidate him, his facial expressions serious for once.

"You're after the wrong guy," The blonde persisted, hoping to continue stalling for time.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony shouted, his bruised black eye was in view as he stared directly at him.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." Steve didn't let him finish, the more they waited it's likely the man would get to the elite group first.

"Steve... you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Natasha emerged behind Rogers, he immediately knew who it was as his face maintained its neutral expression. His eyes however told a different story as the two friends had a fallout, Black Widow knew that too.