𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘝𝘐: 𝘈 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘜𝘱

Chapter 36: A Good Day For
Screwing Things Up

"You know the truth hurts, but the secrets kill." —Unknown

" —Unknown

🕸

AVENGERS TOWER

LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

JULY 13, 2016

🕸

TONY panicked when she fell unconscious, asking FRIDAY to monitor her heart rate and blood pressure. She started to get pale so he ordered the pilot to move faster, cradling her body in his arms. At that moment he almost forgot about what Zemo said about her, still loyal to HYDRA. That it was even after they rescued her that she still had a mission to complete. And yet she decided to rebel against the very organization that raised her and made her own mission to eliminate the remaining survivors of HYDRA.

Meanwhile, the teenager succumbed to a minor coma that lasted almost two weeks. Natasha would visit but nevertheless, Aurora appeared to be sleeping peacefully in bed. Besides Tony, Pepper still felt she had a responsibility to watch over her, even if the pair wasn't on friendly terms. The girl couldn't move but only waited and pondered, hearing everything around her yet unable to do anything. It was strange however that she suddenly got sick and weak, Tony sent Doctor Cho to examine her symptoms.

Turns out that before she left, Aurora was given a pill as a precaution and managed to override her powers temporarily. It was a backup plan from the Secretary of State, thankfully the toxin would be flushed out of her system within days. It was still unknown why she didn't wake up or react but was under careful watch from different doctors who were sworn not to reveal anything. That was until it became the evening that she was able to slowly wake up from her sleep. Adjusting her sore body and eyes to see a figure not too far from her sitting in the chair with a book in hand.

"Mom?! What are you doing here?" The young Stark realized who the person was, shocked to find her at the Tower but what was more terrifying was the evident worry and how exhausted to appear. The goddess peered over the book and had a sigh of relief, reaching forward to check on her daughter.

"Blame it on your father, I haven't heard anything ever since he told me about... well, about the Lagos incident. What matters now is that you're awake," Athena leaned forward to delicately kiss Aurora's forehead tenderly, stroking her cheek as if she was still a little girl.

"... So you know. Are you mad? A-About what I did and why I had to do it?" The teenager questioned hesitantly, fearing what was to come. Sure her father doesn't scare her much but her mother was a different story. Remembering that Thor told her a story of being scarier than any of her siblings, even Ares, the most intimidating of all the Olympians says something about her.